First time at the 1/4 mile track.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time at the 1/4 mile track.

Went with a fellow BMW owner. We were bored so we figured we would try this whole straight line thing out. Well my best time was a 15.638 and a trap speed of 89.02. I only went twice the first time was a mishift :( and i ran a 16.4 lol. It was fun but the corners are more enjoyable. My car has a 4.10 and thats it for go fast mods.
    Specs:
    R/T: .118
    60ft: 2.314
    330: 6.635
    1/8: 10.106
    MPH: 71.69
    1000: 13.103
    1/4: 15.638
    MPH: 89.02
    Last edited by BobMarley; 11-22-2006, 09:51 PM. Reason: didnt put all specs in

coupe or sedan--?

stock wheels ?
    with drag racing .. its all about hook.. your 60ft time is not to good.. your time drops .20 for every .1 quicker on the 60ft.

imagine on a 2.0 60 ft thats a flat 15.0 car --

go check motor trend for all the cars that run 15.0 in the 1/4
    --Hayden--
    '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
    '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
    '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
    www.G2IC.com

Comment

Its a coupe on stock basketweaves but shitty Sumitomo tires. I didnt burn out before I ran so my tires were cold, i bet that didnt help me out any.

Comment

yeah if you had good tires with a nice launch, that is really good top end too, so i think it would have been very close to a 15.3, a 2.15 would have been pretty do-able with a good launch. i dont know about a 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by BobMarley View Post
          Its a coupe on stock basketweaves but shitty Sumitomo tires. I didnt burn out before I ran so my tires were cold, i bet that didnt help me out any.
          Im not sure a burn out would of helped at all w/ street tires. And i have heard before that the guys on slicks dont like it when ppl w/ street tires do burn outs.

What RPM where u launching at? I could launch my car at almost 4300 RPMs with almost no wheel hop or tire spin (this was a 3.73 LSD).
          I was able to pull off a 2.2 60 ft for a 15.3@89. My only go fast mods where a stromung catback and JC chip.

I think yours times arnt to bad but could be pulled down some more if u just practice that launch some more.

PS... your right the twisties are more fun:-)
          SEA E30Kr3w

Comment

Well since it was like 40 degrees i figured a little burn out would help warm the tires up a bit. If it was warmer outside i would not have even thought about burning out at all. I was launching at very low rpms, like 2800 or so. Ill go back when its warmer and have my Mark'D chip and see what i do.

Comment

Working...
            X