Flywheel options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flywheel options

soo im looking for flywheel clutch options for the m30b35 with 260 trans.

I know that e36's can use a e34 m5 clutch. can i use a flywheel made for a m50?

What flywheels can i use?
    sigpic

JB Racing 520-080-240

Comment

540$ for a piece of aluminum..... i wish i could find an e28 m5 stock flywheel
      sigpic

Comment

patience and you will

Comment

feels like ive been looking for ever
          sigpic

Comment

Since when?

Comment

I've been lookign for a four door e30 for almost month now. That feels like forever, but its not.

Comment

I believe the m50 flywheel bolt pattern is close to that of the m30, so in theory it'd work, but don't quote me on that. You'd be much better off buying an e28 m5 flywheel or jb's
                sigpic

Comment

How about a 533i flywheel (about 15 lbs. I think) or an e28 535i flywheel (about 22 lbs.) but can be easily machined down to the weight you want for about $100. Stick with the stock e28 535i clutch/pp unless you have big power from a turbo.
                  Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

In all the m30 swap threads ive read (which have been many) I never heard about anyone using the m50 fly. Im not saying it wont work either, Ive just never heard of it happening. Im running a e28 535i clutch kit with the 533i fly. The e28/e34 M5 fly works too. Note only the s38b36 would work because the s38b38 is a dual mass fly.

The Build:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

I've got a 15lb e28 m30 flywheel, if interested. Also have good used pressure plate and clutch from purchase of a gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinator View Post
                        I've got a 15lb e28 m30 flywheel, if interested. Also have good used pressure plate and clutch from purchase of a gearbox.

Pmed you about flywheel.

Comment

look for 533, 633, or 733 cars. they have a single mass FW. I lucked out and grabbed one from a junk yard with clutch and PP for 35 bucks
                          1991 335is in progress

Comment

533 and M5 FW are the exact same parts. The 533 15lb FW is only on the early build date vehicles.

Best setup is a 533/M5 FW with M5 clutch.

I've got a B35 -> M5 FW -> M5 clutch -> 5sp ------> 3.25 LSD in my e28. It's primo. Low revvs highway, but still runs like a scalded cat. 2nd gear tops out at 70mph exactly. I'm moving up to a 3.73 LDS soon.
                            Last edited by slammin.e28; 05-08-2012, 10:30 AM.
                            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

well i lucked out and found an old 735 at the junkyard with a manual. pulled that sucker out for 25$!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X