Megasquirt tune sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt tune sharing

Im getting a PNP megasquirt system shortly for a stroker im building.
    I would like to know if anyone is willing to give me or sell me there tuned stroker tune.
    That is similar to my setup.

Im going down this route because where i live in australia its hard finding someone willing to tune with megasquirt on the dyno.

The Setup
    11:1 comp
    885 Head
    288 cam
    Extensive headwork

329i

Bump

329i

Comment

Besides a base your gonna need it tuned on a dyno. I don't see why you'd have problems finding a tuner? Generally the way they tune it is all the same regardless of software. It might be a bit different layout then some are used to but it's all adjusting the same parameters

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
        Besides a base your gonna need it tuned on a dyno
        Ummmm. I'd get a tune that gets you up and running (or even starting) - and then butt-dyno tune it with a wideband and a laptop. Most* people don't dyno their cars to get MS running well.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Tuning is so overwhelming at first. If you do go the "butt dyno" route, get "Engine Management Advanced Tuning" by Gregg Banish. It was suggested to me and it really cleared up a ton of the mystery. It's like $10 for an "e-reader" version on amazon.

And people hoard their tunes like a squirrel hoards his nuts.
          Originally posted by Andy.B
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
            Ummmm. I'd get a tune that gets you up and running (or even starting) - and then butt-dyno tune it with a wideband and a laptop. Most* people don't dyno their cars to get MS running well.
            Better safe then sorry. I'd always have a pro tune rather then trust myself. Especially on a non stock engine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
              Tuning is so overwhelming at first. If you do go the "butt dyno" route, get "Engine Management Advanced Tuning" by Gregg Banish. It was suggested to me and it really cleared up a ton of the mystery. It's like $10 for an "e-reader" version on amazon.

And people hoard their tunes like a squirrel hoards his nuts.
              I've always shared my tunes. they've been located in the same place for 7+ years.

the problem with sharing tunes is that the firmware constantly evolves. you can't just take my exact file and load it into your MS and expect it to work. I haven't used MS2 for example since 2010 - you wouldn't want to copy everything over verbatim because you're using 2014 firmware. My MS3 tune is over 2 years old already. I don't keep up with firmware flashes since an incident in the parking lot at work a few years ago. :p

lucky in the latest TS versions you can load just parts of a tune, for example, the spark and fuel maps, etc. but that only gets you so far.

also, most tunes that I've seen have settings that are just plain wrong. people don't understand what most of it does.. all they know is that the spark table controls ignition and the fuel table makes their AFR gauge change. They have no idea of the meaning for the tooth #1 angle or how to find it, how the startup maps interact, how a PID loop works, etc. Copy somebody else's tune at your own peril. chances are you'll be fixing something that they did wrong, that's if you can understand it well enough to figure it out on your own. some of it will just be annoying, other issues can actually cause damage (dwell settings, as an example).

basically what I'm saying is you need to understand how all of it works. if you want to just drop a non-running car off at a shop and expect them to figure it out, that will be very costly. few shops know much beyond ignition and fuel maps either, they'd be no better off than you in trying to figure it out, except they're charging you money.

you can get specific answers to specific questions. taking a shotgun approach "my MS doesn't work" isn't going to get you far because that could mean a million different things..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post

And most people hoard their tunes like a squirrel hoards his nuts.
                ftfmyself
                Originally posted by Andy.B
                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

In my area People don't know or want to tune with megasquirt and i don't feel i want to take it on, great infomation input tho guys thank you.
                  I think im going to buy A Wolf ECU Because i can get it professionally tuned close by.

329i

Comment

Working...
                  X