NC peeps, school me on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC peeps, school me on the Blue Ridge Parkway

My wife and I are going to be in NC for a wedding in August, and the plan is to head up towards Asheville for a few days after. We're hoping to hit Great Smoky NP, and I know the lower end of the Blue Ridge Parkway starts near there. But I didn't realize it was so damn long! Most of the pictures I see online of the elevated roadway seem like they're in Virginia. Is the southern/NC section as good? Worth doing? Tips/places to see are appreciated!

Ive only been once to that area and it was just recently for the Vintage show, if youre within a short drive of the Sierra Nevada brewery it is definitely worth the tour. Very informative and great beers to sample.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Downtown Asheville has some great restaurants and tap rooms. Plan on at least one day/night of pub crawling.

EDIT: Cúrate is not to be missed.

Cúrate is a collection of restaurants, online marketplace, and culinary journeys designed to create experiential access to Spanish culture.

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
      if youre within a short drive of the Sierra Nevada brewery it is definitely worth the tour. Very informative and great beers to sample.
      +1, and it's worth planning your visit around a meal - the food there is excellent.
      Last edited by agent; 07-11-2016, 07:09 AM.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

The southern end is actually more curvy! The lower section is right at the exit to the park so its an easy connection. There's good roads and food the whole way! Bogart's Steakhouse in Waynesville!!!! Bacon Wrapped Filet!!!. Also don't forget the BMW Museum in Spartanburg! SC

Comment

We did a road tri yesterday and went from Charlotte to Blowing Rock. From there we drove south (toward Asheville) along the blue ridge for an hour or so, did some sight seeing then headed back.

Fun drive, far less traffic than we expected and the scenery is worth it
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Nice, we'll try and plan out some driving on it then.

Sadly the BMW plant is closing to public tours on August 1st, for an "undetermined amount of time" according to the pre-recorded message on their phone line. Not sure why, maybe tooling up for the new X7? Anyway, that's out :(

Comment

They were closed for retooling when we were there one Spring a few years ago as well (for the F15 chassis IIRC). Still, the BMW Zentrum is/was worth checking out. Maybe schedule yourself a day at M School? ;D

Comment

It's all closed :( :(

Comment

Well, shit. :(

Comment

Working...
                  X