X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of my 87 325e

Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum and to e30's

So I've recently purchased an 1987 325e I believe it's an E it has the 2.7l but has a IS lower valence. The car has houndstooth standard clothe seats not the sport seats.. Odom reads 42,000 miles it's an auto transmission.

My question is by converting it to a manual would that effect the value being that it's no longer an original car?

Originally posted by Jsterio View Post
    Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum and to e30's

So I've recently purchased an 1987 325e I believe it's an E it has the 2.7l but has a IS lower valence. The car has houndstooth standard clothe seats not the sport seats.. Odom reads 42,000 miles it's an auto transmission.

My question is by converting it to a manual would that effect the value being that it's no longer an original car?
    The Automatic makes it worth a lower value, it's an automatic.

The 87 was the year they tested out the 2.5 head and new management. If your ICV attaches to the intake boot you have a 2.5 if it goes over by the intake manifold via a tube and T routing it is the older less desirable 2.7.

Without photos of the car(interior/exterior), it is hard to base a value to the car. If it runs, clean paint, clean interior, and well-documented upkeep I would say around 6-8k but you could see a lot more since the market is all over the place.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

You need to post some pictures, OP. And don't forget the rules... you need to post pics of your GF as well.
      Estoguy
      1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

People seem to go on about originality of cars on the internet, but in real life i don't believe anyone cares in the price bracket we are talking. You just have to make your non original changes look like oem.

Hack up an M3, then yeah sure you might lower the value. But a manual conversion is literally a bolt in afair, and for most people getting into 30yr old BMWs the last thing they want is an automatic gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
          People seem to go on about originality of cars on the internet, but in real life i don't believe anyone cares in the price bracket we are talking. You just have to make your non original changes look like oem.

Hack up an M3, then yeah sure you might lower the value. But a manual conversion is literally a bolt in afair, and for most people getting into 30yr old BMWs the last thing they want is an automatic gearbox.

People keep on going on like a car that was produced by the millions is some sort of collectible.

Comment

No sh*t.

Sounds like newbie is going to put a little money in it and then try to flip it for some extra cash.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

How do you stop being a newbie? By doing. Help a guy out sheesh!

Comment

Value of my 87 325e

Help him flip it?
                Last edited by djjerme; 06-07-2017, 11:34 AM.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Hoped we drove the guy away with our comments, but he has posted again:

Originally posted by Jsterio View Post
                  I'm looking to buy a 318is project car running or non running is ok... needing body work is ok as well.. any color is fine. looking for something affordable

Comment

Lawl, wants to flip E30's but doesn't understand the impact on value when swapping transmissions.

And then he doesn't figure it out quietly, but instead posts here with some basic bitch question.
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

People keep on going on like a car that was produced by the millions is some sort of collectible.
                      It doesn't matter how many were produced, it matters how many are left. And I bet you there are less clean, low mileage E30s out there than there are equivalent low mileage pre-996 911s - or for that matter, 80s-90s Ferraris.
                      1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Working...
                      X