No announcement yet.

The Official Coyote hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt them sometimes at my parents farm. Drive and find roadkill. Next I take a 30/06 and a 12 guage. Sneek out at 1-2 in the morning. Sit in stand. Then use a remote predator call of a screaming rabbit. When I say screaming im talking blood curdling it sounds demonic. Use a light with a red screen. Because they are color blind this puts you at an advantage at night where nocturnal animals will look at this light way before they would look at a flash light. Be prepared to be alone surounded by dozens of coyotes in the middle of the night howling around you. When you see eyes, unload. I do this a few times a year yet still you can wake up and see the farm dogs playing with coyotes in the front yard at daybreak all the time......The neighbor goes through alot of goats.

Comment

Thats a bit of a long shot for a .22long, may I suggest getting a .22 hornet or at least a .22mag.

Its kinda hard to tell from the pic, but that has to be at least 65 yards from the window to the bait pile. thats a ways out for just a .22 long.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

We all know you're sitting on your porch with a hot dog tied onto your bird trying to bait the fox to come in for some licks. C'mon.

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
          i looked into night vision but i cant afford that shit right now. no doubt he will be here after dark but i will power up the "sun pro daylight activation grid" every 15 or 20 minutes in hope of catching him in the act. i cant run it very long as the citys street lights dim when i fire it up and vegetation is scorched in the woods
          shit isn't cheap but it sure is cool. some day ill have a house in the country with a m1 garand with a night scope. you ever seen the videos on youtube of the guy popping rats at night?
          Latest video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFpPzlzfc1M The nightvision setup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAGayGFY8VAHumane dispatch of vermin, Not glue t...

Originally posted by joshuaaa View Post
          personally, i hope your plan fails. and in the event you do get a kill. i hope the other coyotes watch from the distance and get revenge.
          your the kind of guy who would f**k a man in the ass and not have the common decency to give him a reach around.
          sigpic
          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

mossy oak 3-D cammo insted of fatigues
            Shop industry-leading camouflage patterns from Mossy Oak, America's #1 camo brand. Discover the most effective designs for every species and season!

you can get them at walley world for around $50 for a set right now.

set up a blind closer to the kill zone, if the porch is indeed 65' away that will take away some of the effectiveness of the .22lr. also get the hollow point 22lr for a better gut shot. 22 hornet would work better as stated, but you use what you have to use.

get some shooting sticks too
            http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...d=cat20774&rid=

if you do a late nighter you will get tired in the blind so these are cheap and will help keep you on target while you are spacing out and let you put several shots into them before they spook. do you have the 50 round clips for it or just the stock 10 rounder?
            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I can't see how you could be worried about a coyote. How about trying to find the person that set off the bomb in your back yard? Did you catch the person that killed your trees?

Comment

I think a bow and arrow would be much more respectable.

tasty

Comment

subscribed for lulz

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                  And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Dude, you missed it. Put down your camera and pick up your gun.
                    PS, is that a fleshlight?
                    Last edited by s0urce; 03-19-2009, 09:02 PM.
                    tasty

Comment

Originally posted by ragged325 View Post

I can't see how you could be worried about a coyote. How about trying to find the person that set off the bomb in your back yard? Did you catch the person that killed your trees?
                      This crazy thing happens between late October and early May, suddenly temperatures drop and all of the leaves fall off of the trees. It's pretty radical, the locals like to call it "winter."

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by ragged325 View Post

The names Mother nature.
                        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post

Dude, you missed it. Put down your camera and pick up your gun.
                          PS, is that a fleshlight?

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
                          And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

"kill zone"

fuck yeah!

Comment

it is more about killing them than "hunting them" at this point
                              seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Those are for fishing...
                                sigpic
                                "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X