No announcement yet.

42 Draft Designs Spacers and Adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's wheel season, shoot me an email at info@8380labs.com and we'll get you sorted with a spacer or adapter setup that meets your needs!
    8380 Laboratories
    M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Hi, I have style 5's that are 16x7 et20, will the 18mm adapter work on an early e30 chrome bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
        here's a little tutorial on the mounting of the 4-lug to 5-lug adapters on my very own car.

wheels are 17x8 et20 F and 17x9 et22 R, adapters are 18mm 4x100 > 5x120 all around.

install the kidney-shaped adapter plate. tighten it enough that it stays in place, but can still pop into place in the back side of the adapter body - once it's lined up, torque it down.

Bringing this back up, I recently installed a set of 4x100>5x114.3 adapters and they never addressed how to properly tighten the kidney-shaped plate. It does not sit on the hub so it is hard to really tighten down and get to fit perfectly with the adapter. I tightened it by hand to the best of my abilities while still lining up with the adapter, and then proceeded with the counter-sunk bolts, but wanted to know if there is a "proper" way to install the kidney part.

Thanks!
        Instagram:@himynameskevin
        sigpic

Flickr!

Comment

I tighten the kidney piece by hand enough that it won't easily shift positions, then place the adapter over it, to get it into the proper position. Once that position is established, I torque the bolt down.
          8380 Laboratories
          M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
            I tighten the kidney piece by hand enough that it won't easily shift positions, then place the adapter over it, to get it into the proper position. Once that position is established, I torque the bolt down.
            I think I understand what you are talking about. I will have to try that out
            Instagram:@himynameskevin
            sigpic

Flickr!

Comment

Good deal.
              8380 Laboratories
              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

bump.
                8380 Laboratories
                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

I used a flat head or feeler gauge to wedge in between the hub and the bean to keep it from moving while torquing it down.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Interested in 18mm 4x100>5x120. Anyone want to buy my 5 lug kit or trade for their spacers?

My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by zeecky View Post
                      Hi, I have style 5's that are 16x7 et20, will the 18mm adapter work on an early e30 chrome bumper.

The adapters will work for those wheels on your car, yes. You'll have to choose a proper tire size depending on your cars ride height. Your final offset will be et 2 which is really low (wheels will stick out past the fenders)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                        I used a flat head or feeler gauge to wedge in between the hub and the bean to keep it from moving while torquing it down.
                        That's a great idea as well.
                        8380 Laboratories
                        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Hey guys, I'm trying to run a set of Hartge's 4x100 16x7.5 et. 24. My plan is to run a 12mm or 15mm spacer. What are your thoughts and what length bolts do I need to order.

Info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by C_x_P View Post
                            Hey guys, I'm trying to run a set of Hartge's 4x100 16x7.5 et. 24. My plan is to run a 12mm or 15mm spacer. What are your thoughts and what length bolts do I need to order.

Info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
                            I'd personally stick with 12mm.

The extended lugs are sold in standard lengths based on the width spacer you order, so if you get 12mm spacers the extended lugs will work perfectly for that application. Shoot me an email at info@8380labs.com if you'd like to order, thanks.
                            8380 Laboratories
                            M3 Champs Poster

Comment

;)
                              8380 Laboratories
                              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

;d
                                8380 Laboratories
                                M3 Champs Poster

Comment

Working...