Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Fuel Cut and More...

Hey yall,

I am having a weird issue. First, I have a CEL light on. I am using a turbo chip from sssquid with fuel and time map. (yes i know ms2 is better , but that is out of budget) When I go WOT, the car cuts off around 4,500-5,500 Rpm. The cut off feels like a red line. The redline is set to 7k and if I pull very slowly, I can hit 7k. As soon as the boost gauge hits ~5psi the redline cut off thing kicks in. I have a wideband o2 (lc-2 wired narrowband into black wire o2 harness) The afrs jump to around 15 when the cut happens. On idle afrs are around 15.5. Underload (before boost) they are at 10-10.5. Under boost it is around 12 (before the cut). I tried a stomp test but nothing happend. Any ideas?

1987 325is 2.8l turbo with a 380 ecu

Thanks
    1987 325is 2.8L Stroker Turbo "Little Pickle aka The Green Turbo Sled"

Sent you another email, hope it clears it up. Thanks for all the help so far!!!

Comment

What gap are your plugs set to and are your coils known to be in good operating condition? This sounds like weak spark/spark blow out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
        What gap are your plugs set to and are your coils known to be in good operating condition? This sounds like weak spark/spark blow out to me.
        The plugs and wires were just replaced. I went with 2° cooler plugs and ie performance wires. l am not sure about the coil.

I am thinkking it is the TPS because the idle goes at 900 then drops to 600 then goes back up. I also think this because I can not get the stomp test to work.

Comment

Try checking the CPS
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

He's having an issue with getting the stomp test to work as well, so maybe it is the TPS.
            He mentioned to me that the issue was going on before it was turbo'd and tuned, which can hopefully narrow it down to one of a few different components. Hope we can get it fixed soon!

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
              He's having an issue with getting the stomp test to work as well, so maybe it is the TPS.
              He mentioned to me that the issue was going on before it was turbo'd and tuned, which can hopefully narrow it down to one of a few different components. Hope we can get it fixed soon!
              Just forced the code. I got a code of 1211 aka DME error.

thanks

Comment

Just pulled of TPS and am trying to repair it. WOT at first gave no numbers. After cleaning It is now around 5ohms.

Comment

Finished the TPS restoration. Full working with 0.2ohms on both side. Stomp test now works! Put in a new ecu with the same chip. Waiting for some RTV to dry, then will test.

Comment

Just got done fixing it. Stomp test is now working. Still getting a 1211 code. I tried a 179 ecu and same thing. The idle is now around 11-12afr. I took it for a drive around my block, and whenever I would come to a stop (or take the car out of gear) all the lights would on the dash flash and it would stall. It would take a while to get it back going. It would no longer idle. The car was running much richer than it was before.

Comment

The AFR doesn't change at all? ECU limit for fuel trim is 25% change in airflow correction, so it should at least correct a little there. Will get you a fresh chip tomorrow to make sure nothing has been damaged during all the wild stuff that's gone down with your car recently.

Comment

Checked the coil with the multimeter and it is fine. The CPS is also fine when checked with a multimeter.

Thanks squid!

Comment

Got my new chip about a week ago. Will be installed tomorrow. I also got a fuel pressure gauge and a new fuel filter going in tomorrow. I ordered a new CPS as well.

Comment

New chip is in and CEL is off! Idle is around 1k and smoother. Idle is at 12-13afr. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and it is at 38-psi on idle. When the return line is pinched the pressure shoots up a lot. With the vacuum line to the fuel pressure reg off, it is at 43psi. When I go off idle, it is at around 42-43psi(with vac line on). I am lost as to what could be the issue now.

Comment

Working...
                            X