X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X5 lever

Originally posted by Solarian View Post
    Does this one require bending to fit?
    This lever was mentioned in this thread a dozen times.
    It needs to be made almost completely straight.
    Will need balancer removed from the driveshaft guibo (if there is one).
    Will need a longer leather cover for the interior as well.

Short clip of the shifter travel in my E30 24v.Note, this is with the Getrag 250. I'm now rocking a ZF 320 box, will make a video in the future.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Different part # for this lever (some are discontinued):
    #___________Since___Till
    25117540036_2003.09_2005.03_(wide bushing)
    25117543190_1999.08_2003.09_(regular bushing)
    25117543191_2005.03_2006.09_(wide bushing)
    25111434624_1999.08_2003.09_(regular bushing)
    25117525645_2003.09_2004.10_(wide bushing)

In my 1983 e30 with sheet steel console 25117543191 lever brought the knob ~2cm higher (compared to stock).
    Also did NOT require to cut the existing parts to fit like here: http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e30/dri...new_shift2.jpg
    Last edited by raudonis; 07-10-2013, 01:27 AM.
    My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

X5 lever installed as is; not manipulated or bent to be straight.

The OEM BMW bend Works quite well in a race car;

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
      Attached Files
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

This guy installed X5 lever as is in e30 with full interior (pics inside):
        My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

Put an e36 M3 shifter into a friends m50 swapped e30 with a g260, miles better than the ebay one that was in there.
          The throw is not super short, and not long. It is awesome and is not notchy.
          It's fun just having random parts laying around to try!

Comment

I hate to ask this as it may have been covered 22 times, just don't feel like reading 59 pages at the moment. Swapping an M50 with a ZF 320 into my 84 eta. What shifter has worked well with this combo? Thanks in advance.
            84 325e Burgundrot S52 M Tech 1.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250109

Comment

Similar question, been lazy-just don't feel like reading 59 pages at the moment. Swapping an M50 with a G250 into my 87 325i. What shifter has worked well with this combo? Thanks in advance

Comment

I've tried out a dozen levers from x5 to z4m...and the best bang for the buck is from a NV 525 e34 or e36 328 with the ZF trans. They're semi-common at the yards and make the throw feel exactly as it should have from the factory. Similar to a z3 1.9 but sits a little taller.

I have that shifter in one of my e30s and my e46.

I also grind off a tiny bit of the material on either side to fit a generic metal washer in lieu of the plastic bushing spacer. Works great.
                1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                1974 2002tii / stock
                2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

love my z3 2.8 lever. made new front and rear carrier bushings and my own selector rod and everything is rock solid.

Comment

HELP! I accidently pushed the selector PIN into the transmission.
                    This happened as I was pressing the new selector joint over it.

Has this happened to anyone? Please let me know how to retrieve it!
                    I have a 1984 325e (sheet metal console - I'm adding a dssr + roadster m shifter).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Fixed it!

Comment

What is the shortest SSK, as far as height goes? I noticed the Z3 shifters in the E30 are only about 1/2 inch "shorter" (height) than the stock one.

Comment

Originally posted by bpsu07 View Post
                          What is the shortest SSK, as far as height goes? I noticed the Z3 shifters in the E30 are only about 1/2 inch "shorter" (height) than the stock one.
                          AKG billet shifter

Or

Bmw X5 shifter + jaffster tall shift knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

check out this puppy to replace Jaffster
                            The Condor Weighted Shift Knob Weighing in at 223 grams (7.9 oz),:o
                            Condor Speed Shop designed its very own weighted tall shift knob for all manual BMWs. This BMW performance upgrade assists the driver with quicker gear changes.

with Bmw X5 shifter
                            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

hrrrmmm

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                                check out this puppy to replace Jaffster
                                The Condor Weighted Shift Knob Weighing in at 223 grams (7.9 oz),:o
                                Condor Speed Shop designed its very own weighted tall shift knob for all manual BMWs. This BMW performance upgrade assists the driver with quicker gear changes.

with Bmw X5 shifter
                                Interesting; we could rock it with top hollow no weight; i sent the Jaffster flying in the cabin about 2 hours into my stint and finished the 3.5 hour stint with NO SHIFT KNOB. LOL

- as long as its tall I have no need to rock the jaffster and could battle with the condor unit if it was sponsored........

our car has waay too many shits for a heavy shift knob

Condor: want to sponsor our #40 ALMS?? We would rock it with battle footage :)

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

current sponsors:

Edge Motorworks
                                Bimmerworld
                                WinMax Japan brakes as a full sponsor for custom pads to suit rx7 front/e30 rears
                                Red-Eye garage apparel

Comment

Working...
                                X