Cold day at Streets of Willow 5/15/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold day at Streets of Willow 5/15/2011

Had a pretty good track day at Streets of Willow with ExtremeSpeedtrack events. The new raceland longtubes really helped out to help the S50 flow alot easier and new harness to keep me in my seat

the only lil annoyances this day was...
    Rain/sprinkle off and on so the tires almost never got up to temp and started to slide around a bit expecially on R-compouds
    It never got above 55 degrees so the wifey didnt get up much to take action photos

The great things about the day was...
    I love this track especially running ccw
    For all of my runs except for one, I ran quicker times than the V8 E92s :)
    Free luch for all BMW drivers!

Things to work on for next event: Heel-toe to aid in braking and corners.

There are so many E30s out here in CA yet, Why am I the only one repping for us with Extreme Speed Track Events? Lets get more of you guys out here!!! Next track day is Big Willow on June 12

Some pics from my android:

And back home early to end the weekend nicely
    Last edited by kalib0y; 05-16-2011, 09:54 AM.
    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Good stuff. Question: How does your S50'd E30 fare with those S2000s in the corners? Any videos? I'm looking run at SoW veryyy soon
    sigpic

Comment

Good times...I know that I use to chase down S2k's w/ my Evo at SOW back in the day :)

I'm actually preppin' my POS to go out for some track time in July. Maybe i'll see you then.

Comment

I wish I could afford these events lol I should at least go and watch...

My buddy Ben started off at Adams doing time attack in his evo and worked his way up to eventually win his class at SOW

Just how much wear and tear is put on the car when you do these regularly?
        Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
        Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
        Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
        Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

nice time! my best time was 1.42 but it was only my second track day so i dont really know my line yet...how's the s50 keeping up with all the other cars?
          ]

Comment

Azian on SCE right?? He'd better win his class, he's pushing enough HP and torque on e85.

As long as your the maintenance is up to date on your car and you have some fresh fluids then you should be fine. The only thing I ever ate up were tires, rotors, and pads. My Evo was pretty reliable when it was stock and it would put down 1:31's and :32's w/ some decent tires.

I'm hoping that it'll be cheaper to track an e30 than my stock Evo...17 inch rubber, rotors and pads got expensive lol

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
              Good stuff. Question: How does your S50'd E30 fare with those S2000s in the corners? Any videos? I'm looking run at SoW veryyy soon
              Im chasing them down. I do think I can cut my time down to atleast 1:2x with better braking and cornering. I think I am loosing too much time on the skidpad since we were running CCW. I was missing my heel/toe points. I can also go better on the last turn, which would be turn 1 if you were running CW. The Evos, s2k, and wrx all have edges becuase of Hp and AWD but ill keep doing my best to drive the slower less hp car as fast as possible so when I do get into the higher HP cars, i'll be flying.

When I get my harness bar set up, Ill set up my video too. My wife did take some vids from the hot pits but its nothing exciting. My car is too quiet in the videos....weird becuase its definitley audible in the car.

Originally posted by yobless View Post
              Good times...I know that I use to chase down S2k's w/ my Evo at SOW back in the day :)

I'm actually preppin' my POS to go out for some track time in July. Maybe i'll see you then.
              Let me know when . Maybe we can caravan and park together. We might as well start getting a group on here so we can make our track days better.

Originally posted by nickflic3 View Post
              I wish I could afford these events lol I should at least go and watch...

My buddy Ben started off at Adams doing time attack in his evo and worked his way up to eventually win his class at SOW

Just how much wear and tear is put on the car when you do these regularly?
              Those are fast times! I dont doubt that the E30 can get close to that if driven flawlessly. Well I switch my tires at home, then drive an hour and a half on the Toyo R888 and I did that for the last 2 track events. And I changed my oil only once since the beginning of the year and thats about it.

I know that I will need to change my oil before the next event at big willow on the 11th and 12th of June, and hopefully I can upgrade my rotors and pads soon since I want to increase my beaking performance.

Azian on SCE right?? He'd better win his class, he's pushing enough HP and torque on e85.

As long as your the maintenance is up to date on your car and you have some fresh fluids then you should be fine. The only thing I ever ate up were tires, rotors, and pads. My Evo was pretty reliable when it was stock and it would put down 1:31's and :32's w/ some decent tires.

I'm hoping that it'll be cheaper to track an e30 than my stock Evo...17 inch rubber, rotors and pads got expensive lol
              Yep, thats why I use them all the way down till I absolutely need to change them
              Last edited by kalib0y; 05-18-2011, 07:51 AM.
              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
              Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                nice time! my best time was 1.42 but it was only my second track day so i dont really know my line yet...how's the s50 keeping up with all the other cars?
                It does very well and its a great motor to have. the car feels very balanced with competitive power to the other cars. I pass alot of cars, but i'll know im fast when I pass up the S2ks and Evos lol

Are you coming out to the next event in June?
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Quick question kalib0y...are you still using stock brakes i.e., calipers, rotors, pads, lines??
                  Also what tire/wheel combo are you using?

I'm thinking of upgrading my pads, after flushing the system w/ DOT 4 brake fluid, and seeing how it goes (I have SS lines). I'm also going w/ a some Direzza Star Specs in a 205/50/15 size.

S2K drivers always said that there cars seemed "twitchy??" No idea what that meant...I know that more than a fair share spun out. I'm looking forward to see how much different RWD is at the track in comparison to AWD :)

Comment

You should join us again this coming Sunday at the SOW CW with Speed Ventures. We have 3 e30s going that day.
                    JMP Autowerkz
                    7349 Canby Ave.
                    Reseda, CA 91335
                    www.jmpauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by JMPAuto View Post
                      You should join us again this coming Sunday at the SOW CW with Speed Ventures. We have 3 e30s going that day.
                      damn that' too short notice for me :(

BTW I remember speaking to you @ Bimmerfest...nice e30 and setup. You convinced me on the Star Specs :)

Comment

S2K drivers always said that there cars seemed "twitchy??" No idea what that meant...I know that more than a fair share spun out.
                        Ever driven an s2k? craaazyyy sensative steering. Drove my uncle's around the 757 this past weekend, just regular street driving, not even HPD. Its pretty easy to see why people would over correct with a car like that and snap under to oversteer... although I say this without any real basis since I've never driven one at 9 or 10/10ths...
                        http://l0st0n3.mybrute.com
                        http://l0st-0n3.mybrute.com
                        Work in progress: 1991 318i m50 swap

Feedback thread :up:

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                        I prefer having a female in the car at all times. They generally smell good, but you do have to put up with that hole in their face.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mz View Post
                          Ever driven an s2k? craaazyyy sensative steering. Drove my uncle's around the 757 this past weekend, just regular street driving, not even HPD. Its pretty easy to see why people would over correct with a car like that and snap under to oversteer... although I say this without any real basis since I've never driven one at 9 or 10/10ths...
                          Nope, hence me saying that I had no idea what "twitchy" meant :D

Comment

damn that' too short notice for me :(

BTW I remember speaking to you @ Bimmerfest...nice e30 and setup. You convinced me on the Star Specs :)
                            Oh that was you. Yeah we are going back pretty quick. We were just there last May 1 with 25 of my buddies, enough to close our own run group. Get ready, we should go back there again in 2 months with the big group. Hopefully we can bring more e30s that time to make the Bimmer Challenge more fun.
                            JMP Autowerkz
                            7349 Canby Ave.
                            Reseda, CA 91335
                            www.jmpauto.com

Comment

^^^^^^
                              Yeah i'll hurry up and get my car ready...should be a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X