Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning oil bad now... sad day...

87 325is turbo running MSII Extra.

My turbo seals took a crap on me and I just started a new job so I disconnected the oil feed to the turbo and seized it thinking it would just be a restriction in the exhaust. Next day she was putting out oil smoke and I realized it was pulling a vacuum on the turbo drain line suck oil back into my down pipe so I disconnected the oil drain and the smoke stopped immediately.

Driving home from work a couple days later I realize smoke coming from my crankcase breather hose pretty bad... I mean really bad... also my light on the "check" panel for oil came on. I pulled over and was a quart down. I put a quart in and by the time I went the next 10 miles home she was down that much again and smoking up a storm through the crankcase again.

Other thing I realize is that when I go to start her and she is cranking it cranks differently like the I pulled the plugs so I'm guessing the compression is shot.

Can this be solely a head / valves & seats issue??? or could this be a full rebuild??? how can I tell what needs to be done???

She has 139K on the clock and was N/A automatic up to 95K before I bought her.

Please help me out... I need her back as my daily driver.

Thanks in advance.

Me, I'd start with a compression and leakdown test...

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
    X