No announcement yet.

Ruby's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the strut brace (I can't decide what to call it anymore) installed, looking all pretty and gold! Of course, cheap beer since I spent all my money on coolant and gas these past few weeks.

Does anyone know who made this strut brace? I'd like to either get new brackets for it, or just repaint the current ones because their paint is chipping.

Comment

Maybe I'll take some carb cleaner or something to that mass air flow sensor. The dirtyness of it bugs me a lot more now than it used to.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Levy3Poop; 06-21-2017, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Lindsay and I went to go see my parents today. On our way through Laguna Park, TX, they were re-paving the road with that bullshit method where it's just "tar + bigass chunks of gravel" instead of asphalt like the rest of the civilized world. Well, some genius in an E39 went hauling dick around the bend going the other way, and going left of the tracks in the new road where all the other cars had more or less secured the gravel chunks in the tar. Well, as you can imagine, the 5 series genius flings a piss load of rocks all over Ruby as we pass going the other way.

FFS. Bosque County, TX can kiss the blackest part of my ass. At least the high beams aren't too expensive or rare to fine used, but still...

Comment

Well Lindsay and I had a great big day going down to Austin for an Austin E30 Coilition meet today!

We were the first to arrive, so I took the chance to refill my tank. Notice the missing headlight....the new one is on the way! Everyone showed up, and Andrew had to try putting wheel spacers on. It didn't work out for his new wheels, so he just kept the originals on.

We roasted in the sun in the parking lot for an hour or 2, swapping stories and advice, and then we rolled out for our long route to Jester King Brewery. Zach was leading, and his GPS goofed on him. We all pulled over to use our collective brain power to figure out Google Maps, and then we were back on the road.

We got to Jester King, had beer and coversation for another hour or 2, and everyone headed out together.

Andrew lead Lindsay and I back through Bee Cave, and up Lime Creek road, then we pulled over to talk some more before heading home. Thanks for that, Andrew!

On the way back, we stopped at Bucee's in Temple for some Icees, beef jerky, and CheezIts to finish the day.

Good times, guys!

Comment

I gave Ruby a bath today, and washed the car cover in my washing machine. It rained out of nowhere on Saturday, and all that dirty rain got caught in the cover, and then put a bunch of dirt on the car. It feels like I'm washing this car every few days lol. Either way, she's clean as a whistle and under a clean cover now. I even took some pics because she's looking so good :)

Also, I finally finished editing some video footage from thr last E30 Coalition meet. It's just a short music video, but I hope you like it. https://youtu.be/JxKQ6E830SE

Comment

The grey 90e30 is soooooo clean. I see it around town sometimes. [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                The grey 90e30 is soooooo clean. I see it around town sometimes. [emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374][emoji1374]

Jeff keeps a clean car, and he takes it to COTA all the time. Lucky bastard. I wish there was a track even 1/10 the size of COTA in Waco. How's the hunt for another E30 coming along?

Comment

Slowly. There's is a beautiful stock 318is e36 in my range. But. It really looking for another m42 at all. We'll see.

i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

And who ever Jeff is , props. That exactly how I want my e30 to look.

i love bmws

Comment

Slowly. There's is a beautiful stock 318is e36 in my range. But. It really looking for another m42 at all. We'll see.

What's your price range? I can help you keep an eye out for an E30. You're on your own for a 36 though! Haha

Comment

E36 is just a second option. I only want a clean late model if so only. As for e30 I'm lookin for a 325is/i no eta's and no m42s and definitely no m10s. Not looking to spend more than 1500 I know thats low. But I'll gladly take a project as long as it starts up and runs. Just no gutted interiors or ones with completely ruined engines. But broken parts or non detrimental engine work needed I'm down. It's a tall order but I'll hide out in the sticks till I find one. The zhp keeps me and my wallet entertained for the meantime.

i love bmws

Comment

E36 is just a second option. I only want a clean late model if so only. As for e30 I'm lookin for a 325is/i no eta's and no m42s and definitely no m10s. Not looking to spend more than 1500 I know thats low. But I'll gladly take a project as long as it starts up and runs. Just no gutted interiors or ones with completely ruined engines. But broken parts or non detrimental engine work needed I'm down. It's a tall order but I'll hide out in the sticks till I find one. The zhp keeps me and my wallet entertained for the meantime.

I'll keep an eye out for ya!

Comment

Last week Lindsay and I went to the junk yard for the first time. I saw their site said they had a "1990" E30 vert. I wanted to nab the headlights to have as a back up set, but it turned out to be an early model. Regardless, I still made off with 3 Style 5 wheels, and back up speaker covers in case mine ever get goofed on. All for $77!

A buddy told me that in the locked trunk, there's 2 more wheels, so I think we're gonna go back today and try to get in there. If nothing else, the driver side and rear door cards looked like they're in better condition than the ones in Ruby, so I can nab those at least [emoji106]

Comment

Hey man, try using the key to your e30 on the junkyard trunk before you go trying to break it open. Zach and I found out our keys work in each others lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
                                Hey man, try using the key to your e30 on the junkyard trunk before you go trying to break it open. Zach and I found out our keys work in each others lol.
                                I tried that the first time and it didn't work lol. Great minds think alike, right? I got there today and the lock had been bashed open. The alleged two wheels in the trunk were gone...but I had access to the tail lights now! I was able to nab all the door cards and tail lights though! They're early model lights, so I got them just to sell. I'd still call it a win for today!

Comment

Working...
                                X