My Wife's New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
    Well if you sell off your E39 for parts, you can't swap an M70 into it. or any other motor for that matter. If you fix it up and sell it, you will get a pretty chunk of cash that will be more than the amount you will need to buy a complete S50 + ZF swap, which i guarantee will blow the socks off any M52 swap out there, and you wouldn't have to mess with OBDII at all.
    You're talkin me out of this... I gotta think...

Looking for a clean e30 shell for a project.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeytaco View Post
      You're talkin me out of this... I gotta think...
      have you ever driven an S50 swapped E30?

Comment

have you ever driven an S50 swapped E30?
        nope.

didn't mean to hijack your thread btw. that 528 is sexy.

Comment

It ain't hijacked lol, can bet $ that Sam doesn't mind... I drove an s50 car too, it's pretty fun

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
          Originally posted by DTM190
          "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

nope.

didn't mean to hijack your thread btw. that 528 is sexy.
            no worries man, if you hijacking my thread means me possibly getting a manual E39, hijack away! ;)

EDIT: besides, 99% of the threads in the Mountain section take random plot twists three posts in anyway...

Comment

Then I go and find this....

hmmmmmm

Comment

looks good, but be careful about ebay! also check Bimmerforums.

Comment

My 528 has some issues that need to be addressed, nothing major, but issues. I wouldn't even know what to ask for it.

Comment

EDIT: besides, 99% of the threads in the Mountain section take random plot twists three posts in anyway...
                    Very true, its better that way.

Comment

David gave me the # for someone parting out a 98 328i I think it was, I don't have the $ but I can give up the number if you guys are looking for an m52... I'm not sure what direction this thread is going

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        David gave me the # for someone parting out a 98 328i I think it was, I don't have the $ but I can give up the number if you guys are looking for an m52... I'm not sure what direction this thread is going

i gave that number to David to give to you. I can try to find it in my chat somewhere. I can use the Gmail chat search function, should be easy. yay, Google!

MonkeyTaco: just scrolled through your swap thread, looks good! However, that engine bay is begging for an S50!

Comment

I looked and apparently my newest AIM version doesn't archive the chat anymore, fail... But yeah, I appreciate it Sam, but I'm tapped right now... Need to find a job.

Comment

Shabam: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1780221178.html

Comment

MonkeyTaco: just scrolled through your swap thread, looks good! However, that engine bay is begging for an S50!
                              Before you get too excited(LOL), let me give you the 'full disclosure' since I'm that kind of guy.

I got the car off craigslist in non-running condition. It had slid on ice into a curb on the right side. The right side wheels were damaged, and it deployed the right side airbags(pass front & rear door + curtain). I've checked out all the suspension components and they're perfect. (the wheels weren't even that badly damaged, still have them...)

There is a relay in the positive cable from the battery in the trunk that fires when the airbags deploy to remove engine start capability. I fixed that and it started right up.

I took the spare and put it on the right front of the car, and bought a set of 4 wheels for it off craigslist, of which i have one on the car right now, so they don't match.

I've been driving the car since March, and it's been awesome. It has a clear title too so with a couple hundred bucks worth of work it could be really awesome. To me this isn't much work, but I do everything myself.

The things it needs to be perfect:

A-pillar trim on the passenger side, interior door cards because of where the airbags blew out the covers.

Airbags(if you want, it was an option...) and to have the airbag system reset ($75 from bmw, or find someone with the tool).

Both exterior mirrors (pass side is missing cover trim, driver side missing all trim and glass, even though all the electrics function properly).

The underside of the front bumper has some clips missing and the plastic is cracked in one spot.

The driver side rear window regulator replaced (common problem, it doesn't function).

Clip for the drivers sun visor is broken.

Driver door inside handle broke last week.

Passenger door doesn't open from the outside (its the little plastic thing at the end of the cable, it broke before I owned it).

The paint is in great shape. It has a small dent in the drivers side fender, right above the wheel arch, and a scratch on the passenger side rear door.

So after writing all that down, its probably not a 6/10 right now LOL. But mechanically its awesome, with a top end rebuild at 159k, even though it has 192k right now.

If I haven't killed your interest completely, pm me what you think its worth and we can talk...

Comment

PM'd

Comment

Working...
                                X