Pro3 racers: Input on weld-on rear toe/camber kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro3 racers: Input on weld-on rear toe/camber kit

Have you guys had problems with the settings changing on you? I'm got the weld-on kit on my SpecE30. I'm using AKG rtab bushings with it. A buddy has the same kit. Both of us are having problems with the eccentrics moving a bit and thereby losing our alignment settings. Our suspicion is that the aluminum sleeves in the rtab bushings are binding on the rtab bushing. We're figuring that maybe we need to drop our subframe, remove the rtab bushings and remove a little material from the aluminum sleeves so they will rotate more easily inside of the rtab bushings.

We're tighting up the rtab bolts pretty damned tight, but since the bolt has threads removed from it's "flats" I worry that if I tighten it any harder it's going to strip. Besides, the nuts are pretty awkward to get to anyhow.

My toe adjusters are the outboard rtabs (near wheels) with the bolts pointing inboard. My camber bolts are near the diff and are pointed outboard.

Any thoughts on rtab eccentrics shifting from guys that are running a weld-on kit?
    www.Gress.org

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke

NASA SpecE30 #6, BMWCCA #161
    sigpic

My mechanic tack welded the adjusters after aligning; just enough so that they don't move, easy enough to break free if needed.

Comment

This is a common problem on aftermarket eccentric adjusters. As mentioned above, tack weld the edge of the eccentric to its guide.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Ya, I was thinking about tack welding it last night. I'll relook this issue after this weekend's race.
        www.Gress.org

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke

NASA SpecE30 #6, BMWCCA #161
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X