Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires

Looking for some dedicated track tires and wheels. Was going to get some DS2's but they are so heavy. Probably going with 17's for better selection of wheels that will fit over the e36m brakes. Will need a high offset to make the wheels fit correctly. Somewhere in the 40-41 range. Wouldn't mind some r compound tires but feel maybe some sticky street tires would be better until I get a better feel for the car.

Sooooo for you guys that track your cars, any suggestions on how you would do things if you were me?

The car specs:
    e30 cpe
    s52 obd1
    Getrag 260 with 3.46s
    AST 4100's - read Jack's suggestions on where to start with these
    e36m front brakes - suggestion for brake pads are welcomed as well
    318ti rear brakes
    Poly 75d bushing (IIRC)
    Adjustable front and rear camber kit - any baseline setting you recommend?

Really wanted to get the adjustable proportioning valve in before I put it on the track but I think I'm going to make that a winter project.

TIA Sam

PS - I've got until Nov to get it ready for Raod Atlanta. I've searched a bit but figured I would get everyone's opinion on here as well.

Originally posted by Roysneon
    $5 shipped?
    Originally posted by MarkD
    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

235/40/17 Dunlop Star specs on a 17x8, or if you can fit it, 17x8.5 with 245/40/17 or 255/40/17 Hankook RS3.

As for wheels, Apex ARC8, D-force LTW5, TRMotorsport, or Kosei K1s are going to be your best bet.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

In my opinion, RS-3 over Star Specs any day. Star specs are good, but the Hankook's are so damn sticky, I just had a track day this weekend and they performed extremely well!

As for camber suggestions, for the front start with at least -2.5 and see how it feels

G.Verelli

Comment

Do you have a link for Jack's suggestions on how to run the AST's?

Comment

Originally posted by gverelli View Post
          In my opinion, RS-3 over Star Specs any day. Star specs are good, but the Hankook's are so damn sticky, I just had a track day this weekend and they performed extremely well!

As for camber suggestions, for the front start with at least -2.5 and see how it feels
          Agree. I have tracked both the Specs and RS3s and would take my RS3s all day long. They stick so well.

With the high offset you want it shouldnt be hard for you to find some enkei rpf01 wheels. They are my favorite wheel and I will some day have the money for some 17 inch wheels.

They are also very light
          Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brian52555 View Post
            Do you have a link for Jack's suggestions on how to run the AST's?
            I can email it to you. Its a pdf file and it won't let me attach it on here.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

What do you guys think about these. They were mentioned on tech from one of the Auto x guys. Price is up there but I like them.

$5 shipped?

Comment

Those are good wheels but won't fit your car at all. Totally wrong bolt pattern.

Check out the Apex/Dforce/Kosei/TRMotorsport wheels. They range from $180-250/wheel, are very light for their size, track proven, and are made for BMW E36 offsets and brakes. Run the 17x8.5 or 17x9 (might need flares or a fender pull) with a 245 or 255 tire.

The Enkeis are nice, but for the price....there are better options.
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
                I can email it to you. Its a pdf file and it won't let me attach it on here.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

What do you guys think about these. They were mentioned on tech from one of the Auto x guys. Price is up there but I like them.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...COjg0QHriLSZDg
                That is the wheel I suggested before. It is a great wheel. I would go for it. Just make sure you have the correct bolt pattern
                Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                  Those are good wheels but won't fit your car at all. Totally wrong bolt pattern.

Check out the Apex/Dforce/Kosei/TRMotorsport wheels. They range from $180-250/wheel, are very light for their size, track proven, and are made for BMW E36 offsets and brakes. Run the 17x8.5 or 17x9 (might need flares or a fender pull) with a 245 or 255 tire.

The Enkeis are nice, but for the price....there are better options.
                  Thanks

$5 shipped?

Comment

Working...
                  X