2007 328i - daily
    sigpic

Comment

Good work
      sigpic

Comment

Nice work!
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

so I had to make a new roof liner, pretty happy how it turned out. Need to wait for new interior lamp brackets before I cut out holes for them.. Couple of areas need stretching and gluing but cant do that until the lamps are put in.

Took 7 Hours to put the roof liner in and about 9 hours to make it. Total Cost - $85 inc the wasted fabric from the first one that needed a new design for the sunroof hole.. Otherwise it would of cost me $53. Cheap!

Next to make a new liner for the sunroof panel.. looks like a PITFA too.
          Boris - 89 E30 325i
          84- E30 323i

Comment

sunroof panel done

Boris - 89 E30 325i
            84- E30 323i

Comment

love the color, fresh red always looks mega! Keep up the good work! :)
              http://instagram.com/mundieriss
              my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

so today I raised a pretty predominant engorged phallus. About 4 attempts later at the door frame trims I finally found a way to get the finish I wanted. Finally making some more progress on this build.

A member on r3v is building up his E30 much the same way as me, he was kind enough to share with me his method and product.

this stuff has to be the best spray paint I have ever used, usually I HATE spray paint because the finish is garbage and looks exactly the way its been sprayed. This looks like its come off a gun, its touch dry within a couple of minutes and flashes off fast enough that dust doesn't become lodged in the finish.

I managed to get 5 trims done today, 3 to go.
                Boris - 89 E30 325i
                84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                  I want to keep this thing forever and give it to my son when i'm gone.

I'd love to do the same with mine. I have that same trim paint - can't wait to use it to touch up the fresh air intakes and the wiper arms.

Comment

got the other painted trims and new chrome belt assys fitted. Finally starting to take shape!

Boris - 89 E30 325i
                    84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                      I want to keep this thing forever and give it to my son when i'm gone.

The other E30 you see is an interesting story, but in short my dad purchased it new for my mum when she was pregnant with me back in 1985.. Its the car I came home from the hospital in and the car mum carried me around in for a couple of years. Mum ended up selling it to an older gentleman who sold it to an apprentice at BMW Hobart (now service manager)..It changed owners a couple of times after that.. ANYWAY.. I managed to track the car down 4000kms away and 30 years later where I used to live and purchased it off a young bloke.. Made mention I would buy it back if he ever sold it and here it is.. Took delivery of it and trucked it over October last year.
                      Way noble.

Makes me wish I had this kind of sentiment with mine. Good luck with the restoration.
                      Bronzit beige 1986 325es
                      Burgundrot 1986 325e

Comment

Great work so far, looks incredible.
                        Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

finally got the bumper finished. Haven't put the RHF bumper trim on yet as I need to pull the bumper back off and tighten up the bracket behind it. The fucker is loose plus the alignment sucks big time. Seems to be on a tilt and uneven.

Cant wait to get a windscreen in. Needs a wash bad.

Boris - 89 E30 325i
                          84- E30 323i

Comment

Awesome E30 and great detail. It's definitely an inspiration for my E30. Definitely noting the SEM paint. If I can make it look like it does in your photo's, I'd be really happy.
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Natur

Comment

Never ever finished..great work
                              sigpic

Comment

Looking great! LOVE that headliner.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                                --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X