• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badass man! Keep the updates coming :)

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Red46 View Post
      Looking good Simon! As far as the battery goes....it won't fit in the normal trunk location. On the later cars there is a pocket that the battery fits in. The 84's didn't have it. That was the main reason I put the battery where I did. I've been plugging away on my new car but I really do miss the power........oh well
      Yea, I was comparing the trunk with a friends and I noticed the pocket. I will probably mount the battery in the spare wheel well.

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
      Badass man! Keep the updates coming :)
      Thanks Crono!

Only updates for now is that I installed some black door pulls and map pockets. Slowly converting the interior to black. I will probably spray dye the door panels black, but I really want cloth. I love the houndstooth cloth panels, but people want too much for them. I have another idea I may try out. We'll see.

I probably wont get around to installing the late model real valence until the new year, but I am itching to get it done. Between that and getting the bumpers painted, this thing will be a badass early e30. I still have other parts that need to get installed, this always happens. Too many parts getting acquired and not enough time devoted to installing them.

Stay tuned
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post

Thanks Crono!

Only updates for now is that I installed some black door pulls and map pockets. Slowly converting the interior to black. I will probably spray dye the door panels black, but I really want cloth. I love the houndstooth cloth panels, but people want too much for them. I have another idea I may try out. We'll see.

I probably wont get around to installing the late model real valence until the new year, but I am itching to get it done. Between that and getting the bumpers painted, this thing will be a badass early e30. I still have other parts that need to get installed, this always happens. Too many parts getting acquired and not enough time devoted to installing them.

Stay tuned
        I really need to have my name changed to Kyle, lol.

My interior was all blue, i sprayed it all black and it has lasted a long time with no signs of giving up. I agree with you on the hounds tooth, people want a pretty penny for them!

I just need a darned money tree now!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

I hear ya Kyle, this internet age we live in people are simply screenames...

Im probably going to shadowline the car and dye the door panels at the same time.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

I hear ya Kyle, this internet age we live in people are simply screenames...

Im probably going to shadowline the car and dye the door panels at the same time.
            It makes a huge difference, I have never been a chrome fan.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

yea i hear ya. my last car had chrome and i didnt mind, but that was an OEM+ themed car. this car will have no chrome on it!
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

yea i hear ya. my last car had chrome and i didnt mind, but that was an OEM+ themed car. this car will have no chrome on it!
                Well im sub'd for this awesomeness to come!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

changed the oil, loved what i saw on my oil pan

Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

changed the oil, loved what i saw on my oil pan

The lack of oil all over it or the turbo oil return? ;)

Nice looking car, soon we will both have Alpines with SSR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbotalon92 View Post
                      The lack of oil all over it or the turbo oil return? ;)

Nice looking car, soon we will both have Alpines with SSR's.
                      now that you mention it, BOTH! :D

I love my SSRs, they fit perfectly with what I am trying to do with this car and thats to keep it as light as possible. hopefully I will be under 2400lbs when Im done with all my "comfort" mods. If I can shave another 150 lbs after that I will be golden, but those will be with more expensive mods.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

So I was at an E30 gtg tonight and my car and an S50 car did a lil pull on the highway. I was quite surprised with how well I kept up with it. M20 POWER! haha Also, spoke with my buddy whos shop my rear valence is sitting at. We should be getting around to welding it soon. We've both been busy but it will happen soon. I cant wait!
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Austin (AustinK425) snapped some rolling shots from his iphone while sitting shotgun in Brads (spiDmang) S50 car

Originally posted by AustinK425

Still looks good blurry.... asshole

Simon eating his steering wheel

Blurry

I definitely want to lower my car more now, just a little bit
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

looking good
                            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                            Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                            LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                              looking good
                              thanks! After looking at the rolling side shot I definitely need to install my front springs.

Currently the car has cut stock springs in the front and some coilover springs in the back with two spring pads. The front springs I have waiting to go on are lowtec springs, so Im hoping that will get the front down where I want it. Then I can remove one or two of the spring pads to get the rear exactly where I want it. I also am trading spacers with a friend when I see him next, I currently have 10mm spacers all the way around (original et35 on the SSRs), but he has 5mm/15mm spacers on his car fr/rr so we are trading the 15s for my 10s.

Damn I cant wait to get this stuff done!
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I can't seem to find it, but did you get the long tubes on?
                                sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Working...
                                X