Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i pulled the front and rear bumpers + front valence with foglights and ducting along with all of the ignition stuff.

$100

Comment

Your in Hawaii doing this! sweet if so and I will have to come see your e30 in August when I see my Nana for her 84th.

Oh ya I noticed you didn't have the O2 sensor from the 87, you will need to because the connection is different then your 84.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
      1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

eta to I

this may seem a bit redundant, but which gaskets do you use-- the I or eta when putting all the I components on an eta long block. ( intake, exhaust. ect).
        where have you found the best prices for quality parts.

thanks
        Owen

Comment

Originally posted by owenjm View Post
          this may seem a bit redundant, but which gaskets do you use-- the I or eta when putting all the I components on an eta long block. ( intake, exhaust. ect).
          where have you found the best prices for quality parts.

thanks
          Owen
          http://www.bavauto.com/ Is a good on-line source. But local auto parts house should have your gaskets.

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39960 This post has the gaskets I used.

You will want i intake gaskets for your i intake, exhaust gaskets are the same, i tb gasket for i tb, when you are putting it together you will know what gasket you need.

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
          1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

yeah kenika i've been yanking most of this stuff from Abe's and a few bits and pieces from ABC. I'm hoping ABC gives me the LSD for dirt cheap!!! By August I should be done for sure.
            I'll grab that O2 sensor when I go back to the yard and it seems I forgot the Crank Pully as well.
            Question: on different thread i read that there is another connector below the fusebox that i might need. C104?
            And on the 89 325i there was a sensor in the drivers side brake duct intake. Is this some sort of ambient air temp sensor?

thanks!

Comment

This is a list or what I put on my 86es from my 89i parts car

complete 1.1/1.3 motronic harness, ecu #173, stock i chip, oxygen sensor, oil sensor's, temperature sensor's, crankshaft position sensor and bracket, relay's, AFM (air fuel module), fuel rail
              i intake, air intake hose, injectors, throttle body, (hoses that are connected)
              i duel exhaust, single fuel pump fuel tank, fuel pump, metal fuel lines(for different in length)
              thermostat housing(for having only 2 electrical connections)
              timing chain covers(to work with crankshaft position sensor wire)
              valve cover (hose connected)
              harmonic balancer(for crankshaft position sensor)
              7000 tach
              90amp alternator
              Last edited by kenika65; 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM.

Comment

kenika/etasport how did you guys remove the crank pulley? any special tools required?

Comment

Try rubber,plastic hammer or a piece of wood, tap it off slowly and evenly. When you put it on let the bolts press it on.

Yes there are pullers you can buy but the radiator must be removed in some cases.

It should just fall off.

This website is for sale! ee1394.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ee1394.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                  Last edited by kenika65; 03-03-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenika65 View Post
                    It should just fall off.
                    word.
                    Old and improved:

Comment

i wish. the yard i'm using is finding it funny how much i've pulled of this 325. So another ? about the cam. The donor cylinder head seems to have had a cracked cam journal (or whatever you call the upper portion of the arch that covers the cam bearing) that was welded back together at some point. Cam looks good though, what do you guys think? If I pull this one I could persuad them not to charge for the head due to the damage.

Comment

if the bearings are okay the cam should still be good. look for wear on the cam lobes -if there's a big ridge where the face of the rocker rides the cam, it's toast.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ok so i have an 89 i ....which means i have all the electronics and such plus the i exhaust...if im reading this right i could pretty much just throw a late e bottom end in my car yes? which would give me lower compression but much better low end...is that right?

Comment

wooops missed something there but couldnt i just get ahold of an e crank and the super eta pistons would the i rods work out alright? at the beginning you said to use e rods

Comment

In your situation you would want e crank e rods and 88 super eta pistons, or e crank i rods and custom pistons. The only reason you would want early eta flat top pistons is if you need low compression for turbo. The i rods are better because they are longer and will make you rev faster.
                              Last edited by kenika65; 03-08-2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

sorry i was a bit low on sleep more what i was asking was e crank i rods and super eta pistons does that not clear or something because you havent mentioned that combo

Comment

Working...
                                X