X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice, did you buy new half shafts? or remanu? looks like new
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Brand spanking new. :)

Comment

Just read through the whole build today, i love what i see. look forward to seeing more.
        View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

So I can't find the pics of the rear brake install at the moment. However I'll show what I did the past day!

Cabrio Rear Headrest Install DIY!

Parts:
          52209058393 -Install set X2
          Rear Headrests!

Tools:
          Long Philips screw driver or rod
          Permanent Marker
          Razor blade or X-acto knife
          Largish drill bit
          Lighter of some sort

I'm not detailing the bracket install as it's self explanatory.

This is what you will be starting with:

Get a really long screw driver or rod and insert it as so:

Note the little "mounds" that form. This is the center of what will be the hole in your seat. It's very important this is actually centered!:

Make marks of the center:

Then trace the inside perimeter of the bottom "cover" onto the seat and start cutting with the screw driver still poking the seat cover:

Next take your drill bit and remove some fluff. The goal is to remove some of the fuzz material that goes between the foam and the seat cover. Cut away the little that you pull up:

Cut two small slits slightly larger then the hole you made. Run them paralel with the back of the seat in the event you cut too far it won't show. ;)

You're trying to be able to squeeze the bottom cover between the fabric and the foam. Make sure the beveled part is facing up. You should be able to "fold" it slightly to fit in the slit:

Fold the edges of the seat cover under and take a lighter to it to stop possible fraying:

Pop the top cover on and push down. You should hear some clicks of the lower cover doing its job of keeping the top in place:

If you did it right it should look like this. Note there's no obstructions in the hole nor is it not flush with the cover:

Finished Product:

Comment

Finally got it running correctly. Between a bad ground in the harness and a bad gas vapor valve Sofie idles correctly! Still no O2, but that will be fixed when the exhaust is redone in the coming weeks.

Comment

Huzzah! Hardtop!

Comment

sweet jesus!!!!!

why do you have so many weed whackers?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Love the hartges. Let me at em.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    sweet jesus!!!!!

why do you have so many weed whackers?
                    :!:

Comment

More pics of the weed wackers.
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Meh

:p
                        Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                          More pics of the weed wackers.
                          You guys are special.

Rear brake setup pics were also missing for a long time. Found those on my old computer I let a friend borrow.

This is the 300mm.de 294 bracket w/ E36 M3 rear caliper carier

To get this to work you have to do some hacking, so here's what I started with. Stock 318ti dust shield

Bracket bolted up

Marked where I needed to cut

Snipped

and some more

Checking clearance. The rotor is a Z4 3.0 si

E-brake setup is stock 318ti

The setup sits on the carrier and functions as it should

End result. M3 caliper on Ti trailing arms w/ 294mm vented disk :)

After getting the car aligned a few months ago, I found out passenger side trailing arm is quite bent. So I'll be replacing it in the coming months and when I do I'm going to try out the Z4 dust shields to see if they fit on the Ti trailing arm as I had to do some cutting to get a rotor that big to fit. ;)

Comment

So I've had a bit of a major set back. As a few of you may know my headgasket decided to let go, which was kinda frustrating. As a "while I was in there" I wanted to take off the timing case cover and have a look see as I've been having some interesting chain noise as of late. This is what I found. It took out the guides and a couple teeth on the main crank sprocket. As a result the engine is going to be yanked out and completely rebuilt. :/

Brightside it will be going to paint finally with the newly mounted MT-2 kit while the engine is being rebuilt.

Last edited by glucklich21; 09-03-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Ouch dude. But new MT2 and paint at the same time wow. Tough on the wallet and wonderful to the eyes :-)

Pix please!
                              Last edited by bradnic; 08-18-2013, 08:10 PM.
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I like the seats a lot. I can't wait when you are finish the car.
                                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X