Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88' e30 325i Touring build thread, wiretucked, ITB'd M20, Bagged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want this!
    Originally posted by fronton
    He must have been staring right the pole, all the way into it. Happens to me playing mariokart every time.
    sigpic
    1982 F250 Built 351W-sold
    1994 325i-sold
    1987 325es-sold
    1991 318i Slicktop- work in progress

Comment

OH GOD I want that so bad. Why the F can't we just make it easy to bring these cars in?

Comment

Both your cars are fucking sick

Comment

Thanks guys :) Thought i'd sort of make this like a build thread for the wagon and the coupe because they are both going to be going through some changes. Nothing major, just want to keep them clean etc

Plus I might be able to get some help off some of the members here if I need it (which I most likely will)

So here are some photo's of the coupe from the last meet that happened over the weekend:

And this is what happened a couple of days later :(

Big crack in the sump (as you can see from the arrows) Have been riding at this height for about 6 months, with the skidplate on without an issue. The skidplate has taken some very solid hits thats for sure. I guess the skidplate eventually bent just enough to mate up to the underside of the sump, which then resulted in any big hits to transfer the force direct to the sump... Scraping wasn't an issue, but the impact hits at speed were what caused the problem.

I was parked at Coles, did the shopping, came back to the car to find a huge pool of oil underneath O_O dang, lucky i wasn't too fr from home, got the car back. Currently on jack stands waiting for the new sump and gasket to get here (posting from the UK so gonna be a little while...) until then, I am driving the wagon around on temp rego as a daily... :/

Engineer gets back from holidays next week so should be able to get rego organised then and get the wagon on the road finally... Also BBS are at the tire place getting tires stretched on :)
          E30 325i Touring currently under construction.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...256444&page=20
          sigpic

Comment

Sell me your borbets you wheel whore!
            sigpic

Comment

Just a few shots with my K24 civic Track car :) Also, new sump for the 318is came in today, just waiting on the new gasket to come in now.

Last edited by bmwandhonda; 09-07-2012, 04:51 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

dat touring

E46t

Comment

Finally had the rubber fitted onto the BBS :)

Touring going in for engineers/rego next week so not long until it's legitimately on the road and I can start playing with it more.

The new sump and gasket finally arrived. Installed and then decided to raise the coupe up a bit to make it a bit more daily friendly, also put the OEM 14" bbs back on.

How the skidplate looks after about 12 months or so:
                  sigpic

Comment

so jelly of your cars

Comment

I can't wait to see the Touring with my next set of wheels!!
                      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

That Touring is bananas...Love the DTM style exhaust as well!

Comment

unf! nice

I wouldn't even change the wheels I think they're perfect already

Comment

Thanks guys :)

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                            unf! nice

I wouldn't even change the wheels I think they're perfect already
                            The Alpina's won't go to waste, going to put them on the coupe for daily duties.
                            sigpic

Comment

New speakers installed :) away with the OEM cardboard items...

Alpine Type S, nothing too crazy but still decent.
                              Rears:

Fronts:

Also decided to take one of the back wheels off, suss out the swaybar bushings and suspension a bit closer. Rear swaybar bushings are pretty much wrecked so i going to assume the fronts are pretty much the same as well as the rest of the front control arm bushings...

Took the center cap off the wheel and found it to be a multi-stud pattern as well as the centre caps to be cheap plastic... Had a look at the back of the wheels and they are a 17"x 7.5" which is telling me that they are just Alpina Replica's...

But then, I am a noob when it comes to Euro wheels so not sure what the Gen Alpina wheels should look like. so what do you guys think. Replica or not? I am leaning towards replica :(

sigpic

Comment

I need to replace speakers, what size are the rear ones?

Regarding the wheels they look like replica. Did you find anywhere on the back of the wheel with alpina logo?
                                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X