X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 ppm is not a "little" CO2

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      I think I might be more worried about all the CS137 floating its way over from Japan than a little CO2
      Why?

A nuke friend just shared this: http://www.cfact.org/2014/01/07/true...hima-disaster/

WILL THE RADIATION REACHING THE WEST COAST BE DANGEROUS?

No it will not be dangerous. Even within 300 km of Fukushima, the additional radiation that was introduced by the Cesium-137 fallout is still well below the background radiation levels from naturally occurring radioisotopes. By the time those radioactive atoms make their way to the West Coast it will be even more diluted and therefore not dangerous at all.

It’s not even dangerous to swim off the coast of Fukushima. Buessler et al. figured out how much radiation damage you would get if you doggie paddled about Fukushima (Yes, science has given us radioactive models of human swimmers). It was less than 0.03% of the daily radiation an average Japanese resident receives. Tiny! Hell, the radiation was so small even immediately after the accident scientists did not wear any special equipment to handle the seawater samples (but they did wear detectors just in case). If you want danger, you’re better off licking the dial on an old-school glow in the dark watch.

Comment

Donald Trump was brought on to Fox News the other day to give his opinion on whether climate change was real or not. Talk about an expert!

The Daily Show is an Emmy- and Peabody Award-winning program that looks at the day’s top headlines through a sharp, reality-based lens.

Comment

Comment

This thread still exists? Jesus H. Christ.
            Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

So... some people not from the 'skeptic crowd' seem to have found Mother Nature's airconditioner.

Since water vapor is a very strong greenhouse gas, this effect leads to a negative feedback on climate change. That is, the increase in water vapor due to enhanced evaporation from the warming oceans is confined to the near- surface area, while the stratosphere becomes drier. Hence, this effect may actually slightly weaken the more dire forecasted aspects of an increasing warming of our climate, the scientists say.

Comment

You cannot deny the fact that we are having climate change. You also cannot deny the fact the humans have changed the face of the Earth dramatically, all you have to do is jump on google earth and look at NY or LA. Look at the size of the city and how much land/ greenery it has consumed to just be sitting there. Then start to think every ounce of concrete and steel has been mined out of the ground somewhere. Every person in there needs food from somewhere. All those buildings need power to run. Once you've done that for one city start thinking about how many cities that size (bigger/smaller) there are. Then really start to realize the amount we have changed the face of the planet. We are a small creature and the Earth is large. But we have managed to change the planet in a very dramatic way in a very short time over the grand scheme of things. The planet is changing and it will adapt. The question is when it changes will what it becomes be hospitable to us and our quality of life?

P.s. If you don't believe me, I can post up some pics of the mine i work at that is 36km's long approx 2km wide in some parts and upwards of 100mtrs deep. Tell me if i took a chunk out of you scaled down and i did it more then once. How would you feel?

Comment

ok hippie
                  "I wanna see da boat movie"
                  "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                    ok hippie
                    Butthurt?

Comment

Whoa. [From NOAA]

Old ice in the Arctic is vanishing. That's a problem, since it's more resistant to melting than young ice.

^At least the videos make it so easy for everyone to understand that even increasing from a record low is still pretty small compared to decades ago.

Comment

How is this a 139 page thread?

Global warming is real and humans are contributing to it.
                        2011 1M Alpine white/black
                        1996 Civic white/black
                        1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

While I agree with your statement, what is your reasoning behind making such a simplistic post?

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                            what is your reasoning behind making such a simplistic post?
                            1) this is the p&r forum - simplistic posts are required.
                            2) have you seen the idiocy posted by the deniers in this thread?
                            3) stop pretending you're above simplistic posts.
                            2011 1M Alpine white/black
                            1996 Civic white/black
                            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
                              ok hippie
                              Reason for more evidence. We need to stop this debating crap and do something about it.

Comment

It’s official: 2014 was the hottest year in recorded history

It now surpasses all past scorchers, including 1998, 2005, and 2010. Indeed, except for 1998, says NASA, the 10 hottest years recorded have all occurred since the year 2000.

Perhaps the most surprising thing about the new record is that it occurred even though 2014 was not an El Niño year, of the sort that usually powers the already up-trending global average temperature to new highs.
                                "This is the first year since 1997 that the record warmest year was not an El Niño year at the beginning of the year, because the last three have been," says Gavin Schmidt, who directs NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, which collaborated on the analysis.

Just because the Midwest experienced some extremely cold conditions a year ago (due to the Polar Vortex), it doesn't mean that says a whole lot about global temperatures throughout the year.

The year 2014 ranks as Earth’s warmest since 1880, according to two separate analyses by NASA and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)

The year 2014 ranks as Earth’s warmest since 1880, according to two separate analyses by NASA and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) scientists.

It's official, 2014 is the hottest year in the modern record per U.S. government agencies

A Climate Central analysis shows that 13 of the hottest 15 years on record have all occurred since 2000 and that the odds of that happening randomly without the boost of global warming is 1 in 27 million.
                                The lack of any record cold years since 1911 is another sign of the long-term global warming trend. Over that same period, 19 records for hottest year, including 2014, have been set, according to a Climate Central analysis.

Unusual warmth was spread across certain land regions this year, particularly the Russian Far East, the U.S. West, parts of Australia, and Europe, which saw its hottest year in more than 500 years.

But it was the warmth of the oceans that really stood out. Sea surface temperatures for the planet were a record 1.03°F above the 20th century average, surpassing 2003 and 1998 (when an extreme El Nino boosted ocean heat) by 0.09°F.

Comment

Working...
                                X