RRFPR or Standalone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RRFPR or Standalone

Im getting anxious to get my car boosting. The dilemma is whether to go full standalone or just run a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.

It would be great to go standalone- BUT its really expensive, is much more intensive, and will require a laptop for tuning and monitoring. I could do it but I would have to wait at least a year.

RRFPR- quick fix, cheap, and should support the levels of boost im looking for at this time (8-12psi). BUT- doesnt have the tunability of standalone, or the monitoring/datalogging capability, or the cool factor. If I was to go standalone I could do the project this summer.

so take the quick fix and get the car boosting or wait and go standalone?

BTW- if anyone knows of a good source for either hit me up!

wait and do it right!
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
      wait and do it right!
      +1

If you compromise you'll kick yourself until you finally end up going standalone...

Comment

the RRFPR doesnt work on boost, decision made for you
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Standalone.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Why would a rising rate fuel pressure regulator not work on boost? TCD uses them on their installs... the signal comes upstream of the turbo if I am not mistaken.
            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

im not sure i read that somewhere, its probly cause they run under vacuum
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

RRFPR work, but they never run anywhere as good as those cars with standalones. Wait and do it right. I started with a RRFPR and ended up getting a Standalone..
                :: PNW Crew ::
                '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Working...
                X