super eta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super eta?

hey all, well it's way to obv that i'm a newb, but what the hell is super eta, or eta for that matter? thanks

an eta is the m20b27 engine in the "e"s and a super eta is the m20b25 in the "i"s

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
      an eta is the m20b27 engine in the "e"s and a super eta is the m20b25 in the "i"s
      I thought that the super eta is a 2.8 liter engine that came on some of the 1988 "e"s. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Super eta was a 2.7 as well with some shit done to it. It made like 127hp compared to the regular etas 121hp.
        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryWhale View Post
          I thought that the super eta is a 2.8 liter engine that came on some of the 1988 "e"s. I could be wrong though.
          there were 88 "e"s?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post

This is wrong information. All "e"s had the m20b27 but the 88 year (wasn't designated as an "e") had a different version of the normal m20b27. It was basically a "e" bottom end with a "i" head on it. The engine had a specific intake mani (smaller than "i"), "e" throttle body, cam and single valve springs. It did use the "i" dual exhaust manifolds but had special pistons to for the head/block combination. Hope this helps. Someone please correct me if any of this is wrong.

-Chris
            Big Brain- "The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving earth for no raison!"

- California Certified Smog Technician -

Comment

wow, didn't know it was that technical. so i guess they're better motors for the late e30's? swaps i mean,.

Comment

Originally posted by scBeamer803 View Post
                wow, didn't know it was that technical. so i guess they're better motors for the late e30's? swaps i mean,.
                Just get an i or is.

Only thing eta's are good for is the torque
                Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Only thing eta's are good for,is parts.
                  Fixed.
                  sigpic
                  88 M3,88 325ic,87 325is
                  e30s are like fat girls that USED to be hot, you just gotta work them out to make them hot again.

Comment

Only thing cabrios are good for is chicks.

To drive.

Fixed.

Comment

No no, etas are good swap chassis'. Lightweight, big rear arches, cheap. Perfect for any swap!
                      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Here are a few more differences to the SETA.
                        1. Single valve spring vs. Dual springs in the "i"
                        2. "i" head, but with an "e" cam, thus only 4 oil passages drilled
                        3. "i" engine wire harness, thus more expensive spark plug wires (that damn sensor thingie)

The only part I am unsure of is the rods. I don't know if they are "i" or "e" length.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X