No announcement yet.

Bens '86 325i UK Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a good looking e30 mate, sounds like a great car!
    Hope you get it back soon
    sigpic
    1991 BMW 318is Brilliantrot
    1998 Jeep Cherokee TD Black

Comment

Got onto the mechanic again today, its all fixed up so that's good (can't go and pick it up until the weekend though as its in a city a couple hundred km away and wont have the time until then). He did a lot of searching and testing and found that the ecu had died. He pulled it apart and fixed it and got it running again. Hopefully it won't cost too much, haven't seen the bill yet, will be annoyed if its overly expensive as I plan on swapping in megasquirt in the future, so would have rather put the money towards that and got that in earlier rather than paying to get the stock ecu repaired. Ohwell, anyway, at least its going again :)

Do the ecu's fail on these commonly? Is there anything that could of caused it that I can check? I don't want it happening again... has been an inconvenient/expensive exersize haha

Comment

Picked up some headlights on Saturday as one of the surronds for mine was broken in the crash, making it impossible to aim properly. Decided to smoke them before changing them into the car. As the low beams are projectors they're very easy to do, the high beams take a bit more work though...

Bosch lights in a bosch oven...

Here you can kind of see how the high beams are done, you basically make some pieces that make a cross out of sheet metal, paint them black, and glue them in. Doesn't affect light out put, but basically creates a cool smoked optical illusion. I also polished up the lenses and then painted the bottom and sides of them, and used black silicone to increase the smoked affect.

Sealing them back up

Finished product

Excuse the extremely dirty car

Very happy with how the lights turned out, not 100% set on the look though, I feel theres too much black (if there is such a thing). I painted the headlight trim rings black as well but I'm going to strip the old set and polish them up to a mirror finish, think that should look perfect with the rest of the chrome trim on the car.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I really liked how much chrome the car had going for it, looked super classy. Those smoked lights look out of place.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

my thoughts exactly. hopefully with chrome/polished trim ringa around them it'll look a lot better. worst case, I can always put the old ones back in

Comment

Please don't #bag or #stanceworks this car, it's way too beautiful for any of that shite. It looks perfect as is. Does it have houndstooth interior?? :)
              -Peter
              '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
              '91 318is slicktop project
              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
              '00 Tundra

Comment

yeah don't worry, not going down that path with this one, actually just about to put sime wider tread on the wheels (the complete opposite of what i would have done on the old car). Coilovers are on the wish list, but not so i can put it on the ground.

Interior is beige, and the front seats don't match which is why the previous owner threw covers on. dash is perfect and its pretty clean in general. Ill get some photos when I put the interior back together, have it all apart at the moment after wiring up a pretty cool immobilizer.

Comment

A short sound clip a mate took on a go pro

Comment

The more posts I see about Australia's laws makes me glad I am in USA. Cheap and easy to get well made parts and not too many cops that bug you over being lowered...oh wait they still do haha.

That is one clean e30, welcome to the game man.
                    Last edited by F34R; 04-18-2013, 09:00 PM.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Yeah its pretty ridiculous. Yesterday new laws where passed which allow police to impound your car for 90 days on the first offence if you are caught "hooning" and crush the car if you're caught a second time... Its getting really out of hand. Ohwell. Ill try and keep out of trouble in this one. Thanks for the welcome! :)

Comment

What I would do for a black MT1 car... Looks awesome on the Azevs!
                        -Erik
                        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Love the Azevs!
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

With a car show on this weekend and nothing else to do today (public holiday here), I wetsanded and buffed up the spoilerless boot and the left fender that I painted a little while back.

Before

Wetsanded

Half buffed

All buffed

Extremely happy with how they turned out, especially since it was a backyard spray job...

Comment

Some photos from a show this weekend

Comment

Holy **** that cleaned up nice. I just love euro earlies so much, nice job dude she looks great.
                                sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Working...
                                X