X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks :) still a lot of things to tidy up, but its coming along

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Comment

fukn awesome!!! why no pics of the interior? I think the old lights looked better.
      Boris - 89 E30 325i
      84- E30 323i

Comment

I'll snap some interior pics tomorrow ;)

In person i think the new lights look better, and I put polished rings around them now and think they look better. Might play around with aome laminex or something and do the fog lights and possibly indicators to match, can't hurt to experiment

Comment

Interior is a little messy, missing a couple little trim pieces but they'll be replaced soon, and its been a week since I cleaned it, but heres some photos. Dash is perfect ;)

Comment

seen this when it was for sale! very nice and classy looking e30
            best of luck and keen to where you take this... jeleous on that perfect condition dash

Comment

Comment

that sounds incredible.

love how fast the RPM's shoot up with that cam.

nicely executed!

any other issues with the 2.5+288 and 19lbs injectors?

still running factory tune?
                Originally posted by flyboyx
                i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Thanks, I've done a lot of work on this over the last couple weeks, I'll go into details later.

But yeah at the moment its still on stock ecu and tune (which is motronic 1.0 be caused its and '86) and I've basically tuned it with a wide band and the AFM. Definitely has a lot more in it though, so I'll be putting a it on standalone soon.

Its now actually running 20lb injectors from my old vr6 . I'll explain why later. But after adjusting the Afm they work fine. Haven't had any problems with the cam or injectors themselves. When I first got the car it wouldn't idle with the ac on, which i thought was because of the cams, but after repairing the tps it idles fine with ac on.

Comment

A couple weeks back the starter motor died, so I took the opportunity to do some work to the car while it was off the road. To make getting to the starter easier I decided to take off the intake manifold which it turns out is not as easy as I had expected. Had to drain both water and oil to get the thing off, as oil runs through it and the previous owner had ran a coolant hose through it... Anyway after getting it off, I cleaned it up really well and gave it some paint. Did the same with the rocker cover. Didn't take a before photo, but just imagine 27 year old dirty parts... I also sanded and buffed up the strut brace and painted the ends of it.

With that done and my new starter still not here, I decided to start a wire tuck. All the wires running down the side were extended and ran through the fender, and I removed the ABS wires altogether as I am deleting it.

I've mounted the wires much better than they are in this photo, so don't worry haha

Insert parts here

Also painted these up as they were looking very old and faded

I also cleaned up the old fuel injectors from my mk3 VR6 which had been professionally reconditioned shortly before I wrapped the old beast around a pole, and decided to swap them into the e30, as I believe one of the injectors which were in there (which were 19# ford explorer injectors) was stuffed (it was reading ~9ohms while the rest were at ~16). The VR6 injectors are a little bigger, around 20lb/hr from what I can find. I tuned the AFM to compensate and it runs great!

I simply had to put some VW in it...

And yeah. I also swapped the starter obviously, put in a second hand unit from a later m20, which is much smaller and lighter, yet more powerful than the original one. Required a little modifying of the wiring but other than that was a straight bolt on. Hopefully it lasts a while, as changing them is not a fun job on these. Also adjusted the valve clearance and put on new gaskets for everything that was taken off. Car is running very nice now :)

Comment

Originally posted by ZinnoBerrotEta View Post
                      That's beautiful. Please post more pictures when you get the chance. Welcome to r3v.
                      sigpic

Comment

Comment

Tried to repair my central locking to splice in a keyless system, but had no luck, so after spending a while on that, decided to start fresh and make my own. Replaced all the actuators with aftermarket ones, pulled out the interior, made a new wiring loom and ran it through the car. Now have full working remote central locking :) Just need to get a couple little bits to make the fuel filler door lock work, but thats not a big deal for now.

Also built and installed an adjustable delay + fader thing for the interior lights, to keep them on for a bit after the doors are closed, and to fade out instead of just turning off. These little things make so much difference to the feel of the car.

A quick photo after it's weekly wash :)

Comment

so nice!! the front end

Comment

I like where this is going!
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Thanks guys. A lot of things planned for this now, have another set of wheels on the way (which will be something quite different when I'm done with them ;)), coilovers and full suspension refresh, new stereo, engine management and maybe even a bit of FI just to name a few ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X