Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 boosterless brake brackets - Needed for v8 swap, ITBS (e30 wilwood pedal box)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't had a chance to install but quality looks good

Comment

Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
      Haven't had a chance to install but quality looks good
      THank you. Please tell others about our products.

We will have more of these boosterless brackets next week.

Comment

Tons in stock.

Comment

Sold out. More being made this weekend.

Comment

Might need this later on

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by j_block View Post
              Might need this later on

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
              Let us know what you need!

Comment

Tons in stock!

Comment

How much stiffer is the feel of the pedal then the stock feel? Will be be a huge difference ? I am interested in this for my swap. But want to match the feel of the pedal as close to stock as possible.

Green 89 325 s52 build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280902

Comment

Originally posted by e30de89 View Post
                    How much stiffer is the feel of the pedal then the stock feel? Will be be a huge difference ? I am interested in this for my swap. But want to match the feel of the pedal as close to stock as possible.
                    It will be stiffer then the stock feel without the vaccum assist. However its not unbearable because you are compensating for having no vaccum by having small master cylinders (we recommend 5/8 for front and rear brakes to start, if you want it firmer you can then get a bigger bore).

Comment

Coated and non coated in stock.

Local pickup from Huntington beach welcome!

Comment

are you guys 100% certain this cannot be fitted to a late model car and also, why?

1. If the steering column position is the issue, then with a z3 rack swap (moving the column over a tad), wouldn't that give enough clearance?

2. If the mounting points are the same for early/late pedal box arrangements, then where exactly is the issue with fitment?

I am looking to buy very soon however, I would like a little more details.
                        DD: 06 ZSP 330i
                        Non DD: 91 332is slicktop

Comment

It can be fitted to a late model. However the car must have a non-airbag column (or you must swap to a non-airbag column).

Unsure if the z3 relocated would be enough. The problem is that the pedal assembly contacts the column.

A steering column swap fixes the contact issue.

Originally posted by Schwartz-e30 View Post
                          are you guys 100% certain this cannot be fitted to a late model car and also, why?

1. If the steering column position is the issue, then with a z3 rack swap (moving the column over a tad), wouldn't that give enough clearance?

2. If the mounting points are the same for early/late pedal box arrangements, then where exactly is the issue with fitment?

Comment

The airbag column has two points where it articulates as it is a collapsable style column. The upper section has a huge "box" like thing where it bolts to the body with the tamper proof hardware. There is no way to use the airbag column with the manual pedal box. I built and attempted to install an early version of the bracket garagistic sells now in my 91 and realized the only way to make it work is with a non airbag column. Its a tight fit even with a non-airbag column but they are cheap, easy to install and don't knock like the airbag ones do when the bushing/ nut thing wears out anyway.

Originally posted by Schwartz-e30 View Post

Comment

Got a few more in stock.

Comment

Last one until next batch!

Comment

Working...
                                X