Dragon Run August 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Run August 13th

Ok, yet another Dragon run, some of you r3v guys better come this time :twisted:
    We are meeting at the south end of the dragon at 9:30 a.m.

If looking at the above map, on the right just a tad north from 28 is a Gas station(where that White umarked road is), Past the gas station there are some hotel rooms and a paved/grass parking lot. We'll meet up there and then run the dragon how ever many times you guys want to. We can do lunch somewhere in the area also(They sell great burgers at that gas station).
    I'll be heading over from Cleveland TN and Kyle will be heading up from Atlanta. So if anybody wants to carivan over let us know.

Here are some basic directions
    From Chattanooga

75N to Sweetwatter then 68 east to 411 North, then 72 East to 129. You'll then go threw the dragon and come across the gas station once you enter in to NC.
    The drive is ruffly 1-1.5 hours from Chattanooga
    From Atlanta

575 N, Rt 5, rt 76, 60 N, Spur 60 into NC, 64 towards Murphy, 129/19, then cut off on 129 In Robbinsville. Then you'll come up onto the dragon. It's probally 3 hour drive from Atlanta

If any body wants to meet me in Cleveland TN and drive up that is fine but let me know, as other wise I'll just be on my way.(don't have to wake up as early) :D
    This road is completly worth the trip, and with the time we'll be running it the traffic won't be out yet :twisted:
    The Road will test the limits of your car and your driving skills so be warned, I don't want to see anybody wreck(no one has yet in a group I've been in).

Ok those who are coming post here
    For Sure:

Kyle-1995 525ia
    Ely-1985 325e
    Josh-325ic
    Chris K.-86 325e
    Driver1

Maybe:

My dad-Riding with me or maybe a 1995 525i
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Include what car you will be running as well.

Me: 1995 525ia

I am looking forward to this. I hope people show up, considering I have to get up at 5 AM to make it!

Comment

Can't make it. Sorry.
      The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Im down for that...Ely, we can just meet out here in E.B. or Ooletwah if you want to and just go over together. Might have another friend follow along in his M Roadster as well but not sure yet. Lookin foward to it...Im going to be roasted at the end of the day with my top off...sheesh.:)

Josh K

Comment

Originally posted by 325i Vert
          Im going to be roasted at the end of the day with my top off...sheesh.:)

Josh K
          If you had not put your name there woul dhave been 20 more people show up!

Comment

HI Josh I'm going to be in Cleveland that weekend so driving down to EB then back up is a ways. I can just meet you at the interstate at either exit 25, 27, or the Charleston exit. Then we can caravan up. If that is cool with you, Just post up when you want to meet. Last time when me and Chris K went we met in Owt. and went that route I posted it took us right around 1 hour to get to the Gravel parking lot, and that included a short gas stop. so if you guys shot to leave at 8 a.m. that should get us there right on time. I could even wait at the interstate and get on when you guys get close.

Comment

I'll be out there.

Where are you calling the South end of the Dragon? Te overlook or the very beginning where everybody hangs and swims?

Comment

my old red car with the bmp front will be out there. with the new owner. GO GO GO!!!

Comment

Southend is where the gas station is, on the NC side, There at the intersection of 129 and 28 where you can head over to the Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by 325i Vert
                    Im down for that...Ely, we can just meet out here in E.B. or Ooletwah if you want to and just go over together. Might have another friend follow along in his M Roadster as well but not sure yet. Lookin foward to it...Im going to be roasted at the end of the day with my top off...sheesh.:)

Josh K

what car?

Comment

Damnit.. there's no way my car will be done by then and I really want to go.. it will be atleast Sept. before my car is finished and road worthy.

Comment

I'll be there in the eta of course.. I'm up for meeting anywhere in Chatt, or go all the way to the dragon to meet.

Comment

For those who can't make it the Knoxville BMW CCa will be doing a dragon drive September 18th that I'll be going on as well as Chris K(probally).

Comment

Yeah, It's too convienent while I'm up there not to go, so I'm sure I will.

Comment

If you had not put your name there woul dhave been 20 more people show up!
                              What are you talking about?

Josh K

Comment

Working...
                              X