Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ireland Stainless Steel Brake lines make a huge differance in pedal feel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland Stainless Steel Brake lines make a huge differance in pedal feel!

These made a huge differance!!!!

Rob made me do it.

lol

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

yep!! i bought these too and put'em on my car. i swear it felt like i had new set of brake pads on.

Comment

Makes the pedal stiff, but still doesn't add that 'touchy' feeling that you get from new cars (aka 5-lug). Upgrade in the MC would do the trick.

Whenever someone talks about SS lines, I can't help but think of the guy that wrapped zipties around his rubber lines instead of throwing down the cash for SS ones.

Comment

Originally posted by permit
        Whenever someone talks about SS lines, I can't help but think of the guy that wrapped zipties around his rubber lines instead of throwing down the cash for SS ones.
        LOL... that's the first I heard of that.... where's the story?
        Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
        '99 M3 / Track Car
        '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
        '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegle
          LOL... that's the first I heard of that.... where's the story?
          Funny as hell, do a search, maybe it will turn up.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

If any of u guys need a set let me know... i have couple laying around

***$75 shipped to you *** IE SS Brakelines =)

putting mine in soon
            Toyota Pickup

Comment

finally installed mine in tonight and they def. feel a lot better... the response of the brake is a lot sooner, gives me alot more confidence on the road
              Toyota Pickup

Comment

Always enjoyed mine in the 318is.
                Last edited by bmwm3n528; 12-11-2005, 08:04 AM.
                Trevor Ely
                '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

How hard are they to swap? I assume all the brake lines need to be bled off first and you would need new fluid after wards? Is there a DIY artcile on this that anyone knows of?

Comment

Bleeding yes, more fluid yes. Write up would be Lift car, properly support it, remove and replace lines one at a time replace fluid, bleed starting at right (passenger rear) and replace fluid, bleed left rear replace fluid, then front right, replace fluid, front left replace fluid.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
                      Bleeding yes, more fluid yes. Write up would be Lift car, properly support it, remove and replace lines one at a time replace fluid, bleed starting at right (passenger rear) and replace fluid, bleed left rear replace fluid, then front right, replace fluid, front left replace fluid.

So you replace the fluid everytime you change each line? Why not replace all 4 at one time, then refillthe whole system with new fluid and bleed the lines once that way?
                      Recent Rebranding!!
                      Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                      E30 SM62/S62
                      E30 M60 V8
                      E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                      Instagram.com/garageaholic
                      Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

No not replace all the fluid, replace the missing fluid. The level of the fluid goes down, top the fluid up to full, bleed, top up etc.

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
                          No not replace all the fluid, replace the missing fluid. The level of the fluid goes down, top the fluid up to full, bleed, top up etc.
                          Ohhh, so once you replace one line, you refill the displaced fluid back to where it should be.... .... Then do the process another 3 times

After that, bleed altogether...keeping in mind the level of the brake fluid through all of it.
                          Recent Rebranding!!
                          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                          E30 SM62/S62
                          E30 M60 V8
                          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                          Instagram.com/garageaholic
                          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK
                            If any of u guys need a set let me know... i have couple laying around

***$75 shipped to you *** IE SS Brakelines =)

putting mine in soon
                            PM sent

Comment

Working...
                            X