Passenger seat adjust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passenger seat adjust?

For some reason since I've had my car I've noticed that the passenger seat won't slide back as far as the driver seat. I actually had the seats out when I cleaned the interior for the first time, and upon inspection found no evidence of foul play. Am I missing something here?

"If I were filthy rich I'd still drive my E30."

make sure no wire or anything is getting pinched in the track as you try to move the seat back. Also, check to see if rail is hitting the bolt head.

Comment

Hmm.. I don't see anything at all. I've pulled it out twice now and it seems that maybe something slipped, but it looks fine. ???

Comment

does the passenger seat go back as far as the drivers? mine doesnt go quite as far back and after messing with it i gave up, thinking that maybe it was designed like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE30325i View Post
          does the passenger seat go back as far as the drivers? mine doesnt go quite as far back and after messing with it i gave up, thinking that maybe it was designed like that.
          Yeah, that's what I said in the opening post. It's kinda strange. Anyone else have this issue?

Comment

I think mines like that, but my seats are out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by fwappy View Post
              Yeah, that's what I said in the opening post. It's kinda strange. Anyone else have this issue?
              Yeah. What it is about these seats (assuming that you have the standard non-sport seats) is that the lever on the outside edge of the seat controlls the seatback position as well as the height of the seat. If you push the lever down while the seat is unoccupied, it will spring up to the highest position. If you are sitting in the seat and you push the lever down while sitting in it, you can sort of push back on the seat like you are attempting to reline it and as the seat goes down, it also moves backward. It moves an additional 2 inches from front to back from the full up position to the full down position.

So it could be that the last time you adjusted the drivers seat, you probably pulled the lever up to adjust the reclining angle and then you might have inadvertently pushed it down allowing the seat to move back a couple more inches. While on the passenger side you might have released the seat to its fullest height which puts it a couple of inches in front of the driver's seat even though both seats are fully extended backward using the handle from underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                Yeah. What it is about these seats (assuming that you have the standard non-sport seats) is that the lever on the outside edge of the seat controlls the seatback position as well as the height of the seat. If you push the lever down while the seat is unoccupied, it will spring up to the highest position. If you are sitting in the seat and you push the lever down while sitting in it, you can sort of push back on the seat like you are attempting to reline it and as the seat goes down, it also moves backward. It moves an additional 2 inches from front to back from the full up position to the full down position.

So it could be that the last time you adjusted the drivers seat, you probably pulled the lever up to adjust the reclining angle and then you might have inadvertently pushed it down allowing the seat to move back a couple more inches. While on the passenger side you might have released the seat to its fullest height which puts it a couple of inches in front of the driver's seat even though both seats are fully extended backward using the handle from underneath.
                Problem solved!! Thanks! :p

Comment

Cool, that same thing drove me crazy about a month ago :p

Comment

I keep meaning to scan my owner's manual and uploading it so that everyone can learn how to use ALL of the features of the car. I am going to attempt to have this done by the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                      I keep meaning to scan my owner's manual and uploading it so that everyone can learn how to use ALL of the features of the car. I am going to attempt to have this done by the end of the week.
                      I would appreciate that alot

Comment

Working...
                      X