I am.....8ATMAN!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAM View Post
    sealed beams are just that, the headlights are sealed. elipsoid projectors aren't. plus, you can retrofit an hid setup easily into the elips.

its a super easy install, and you could prob pick up a set of clean elips for $100 or so.

anyways, welcome!
    lol good luck
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

yeah lights and stuff would be nice late on but right now its all about getting the right stance and maybe working on a turbo build or somthing fun :o

Comment

ALL Right... I had the day off and spent a whopping 6 hours cleaning my e30 today. I started with a simple wash then dry, wax which took a while since it seems the previous owner hadn't done it in what looks like a year :( hence the paint fade. I then started on the interior which is in decent shape after I took care of it. Its really amazing what some time and effort can do. I completely scrubbed down all the seats and the door panels and conditioned them with leather gel and armor all, the door panels look great it was amazing all the dirt that built up over the years. I always enjoy cleaning the hell out of a car when I buy it, I guess it is my way of making it my own.

I also had some time to throw on my new wheels :) sportmax 002 offset 0 they are 15's :( I bought them before the car and didn't really know that 16's would work better with the stance. Oh well I also just ordered my KW 60/40 spring and strut suspension which should be here this coming wed. The wheel gap is ridiculous lol but I am just gearing up for the suspension and to acquire the stance I payed $700 for lol.

Hope you guys like sorry about the phone camera pics I left my other camera at home and wanted to snap some shots.

Here is how it looked when I got it...

now with a complete detail, wax ect ect, painted kidney and removing the front plate...

some other shots...

I wish the original owner took better car of this car, I think the next thing on my list is new paint, which is a shame because the sides are mint and look great but the hood, trunk and roof are in need of a respray. The wax did help set off the vibrant color though.

Painted KIDNEYS OWN!!!

Thats all for now. For it being in my possession for nearly 10 or so days it has already shown great improvements. I cant wait for the suspension.

next on the list:

DIY shadowline
        666 skid plate (because it will be really low)
        lip splitter
        sways
        exhaust
        paint

to be continued...
        Last edited by 8atman; 04-29-2007, 03:51 AM.

Comment

congrats -- two years ago i joined the E30 community as a Honda guy-- these cars are very addictive and gorgeous when done right -- props on picking the great model w a great motor, some of us take the long way around.. keep us informed, but keep your proper camera always handy
          --Hayden--
          '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
          '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
          '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
          www.G2IC.com

Comment

Welcome

I always enjoy cleaning the hell out of a car when I buy it, I guess it is my way of making it my own.
            True this!!!!!!! I fondly remember my E30's first wash a la my style

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

besides the roof..its fresh

Comment

thanks guys. Yeah the paint is a bummer :(. Im not sure what I will be doing about it since I dont have alot of money to spend on it and it is my daily. I am thinking of doing most of the prep work myself, and removing everything that needs to be removed and getting a booth and having someone how knows spray guns really well to hit it and see what happens. I would rather that then go to macoo or earl schrib, IMO.

Thanks for the complements. :)

Ash-

OH and I don't miss the Honda world one bit, these cars are true automobiles for enthusiast alike.

Comment

thats great... I cannot wait to see it with suspension...

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                  1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                  1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

ah your from san diego aye? this site has TONS more information than we can provide, but if you ever want to get together with a bunch of e30 guys, check out www.socale30.com

Comment

What did you use to clean in the engine bay?

Comment

THANKS :) yeah I will check out that site. I would love to meet some locals that share the same passion.

I used simple green, tooth brush, large brush, and had the hose on mist. It worked out great.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 32.5i View Post
                          ah your from san diego aye? this site has TONS more information than we can provide, but if you ever want to get together with a bunch of e30 guys, check out www.socale30.com

Thanks, I went ahead and registered and will be on there as soon as I get the green light from the administrators. I look forward to meeting all you guys in person.

Thanks

Ash-

Comment

Working...
                          X