No announcement yet.

sell both my cars for one "better" one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dad has an e34 540i sport package and 6 speed. Silky, effortless acceleration, smooth as hell. Q car status

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

my dad DD's an e24 and loves it. His is a 88 635csi and its a great daily. Haven't had any issues as long as we stay up on maintenance. And he's comin from the e30 crowd as well. Before his e24 he daily drove an 87 325i vert.

Comment

how about a e46 330i
        Build Threads:
        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by kellie View Post
          That said, I'd strongly urge you to stay away from a 540i, regardless of the year. They're expensive to maintain and not nearly as easy to work on as the 6 cylinders.
          I've found this to be completely false. My E39 540i 6-speed has been excellent. Very reliable, and very easy to work on. They don't have a bunch of hoses and crap hidden under the intake manifold either, like the M20. I'd look into the E39 540i, I don't think you'd be disappointed. I've been saying I'm going to sell mine for about six months, but I haven't returned any calls :( I just can't bring myself to sell it, although I need to.

Comment

both my dad and i dd e28 535i's
            we both have m-contours, both cars are bronzit. only difference is his is lowerd and mine has e34 front seats... its really hard to tell the difference at 4:30 in the morning when im leaving to go to work.

i will be selling my e28 soon(minus the m-contours), to bad your in the other washington
            m106 1990 e30
            e36 daily
            e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Link View Post
              I've found this to be completely false.
              That's good to hear. I always have to remind myself that BMWs aren't necessarily bad cars, I just only see the broken ones. I have found, however, that the V8s tend to break more often and more seriously than the I6s on average.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah BMW isnt as good at V8's as it wants to be. Especially their 90's ones. Theyll get there though.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
                X