Clean, Polish, Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean, Polish, Wax

Finally got around to giving the e30 a half decent exterior cleaning on wed. (sorry, no pics).

but I was just wondering what everyones procedures are?

I use Maguires products (Paint Cleaner, Polish, Wax)
    All applied by hand.

Out of curiousity, those who do it by hand too, how much cleaner/polish/wax do you use per (say 2' x 2') section? how often do u switch applicator pads, wiping towels, etc?

In before derek/ben/Griots Goons

fake edit: Something about having products for that :D
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

i would try to use as little as possible, taht being said i use a machine buffer, it just works quicker and maybe a little better
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I use Auto Glym

Bodywork Shampoo followed by Super Resin Polish applied by hand

great products...
        sigpic
        1991 Diamantschwarz 318is
        1998 Cosmosschwarz M3 Sedan

Comment

how would one polish/wax if it weren't clean?

Comment

I like using Eagle One Nano wax. And it all depends on what car i'm waxing. My e30 the paint isn't that good so i'll wax 1/2 of the car then do the other 1/2. And on my other cars i usally do one panel at a time.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Pinnacle products. $500 worth. And a Porter 7424. I used to do everything by hand, with Meguiars products, but I could never look back after using the stuff I have now.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

The method I've been shown by my friend Evan that did my car last, is to take each panel, and divide it into 4ths (more for the hood and roof), and do each quadrant separately, overlapping them.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                  Pinnacle products. $500 worth. And a Porter 7424. I used to do everything by hand, with Meguiars products, but I could never look back after using the stuff I have now.
                  TJ, you gotta hook me up with the buffer.

Comment

I use Zaino products, gives you the deepest and wettest-looking
                    finish when you layer it. Now they offer a transparent sealer to go over
                    what you lay down called Z-CS which is a top coat that doesn't require any buffing after you apply it. Shit is incredible.

Comment

I prefer zymol stuff. other than the wax, I use meguires car wash and claybar kits, and microfiber towels from costco. that's pretty much it for me :p

really no matter what you use, you are better off than no wax at all.. which is what most people do!
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by egk2 View Post
                        I use Zaino products, gives you the deepest and wettest-looking
                        finish when you layer it. Now they offer a transparent sealer to go over
                        what you lay down called Z-CS which is a top coat that doesn't require any buffing after you apply it. Shit is incredible.
                        If this is the result, I want it, I'm ordering so that when i'm finished painting that'll be the first product i add. :)

Comment

Clean with: Mother's or Meguiar's Clay bar kita

Polish: Poorboy's SSR2.5 medium swirl remover(compound)

Glaze: ClearKote Vannilla Moose

Sealant: Poorboy's EX-P

Wax: Poorboy's Nattys BLUE (paste)
                          --or--
                          Pinnacle Liquid Souveran (liquid) <----- GOOD SHEET that Pinnacle line!!

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Ok, so I have never been into this detailing thing, but my new 6 series is supposed to have decent paint. In what order do we use the products?

Clean with: Mother's or Meguiar's Clay bar kita

Polish: Poorboy's SSR2.5 medium swirl remover(compound)

Glaze: ClearKote Vannilla Moose

Sealant: Poorboy's EX-P

Wax: Poorboy's Nattys BLUE (paste)
                            Is that the correct order? Thanks guys... I know it's sort of a n00b question, but my 5's paint is faded beyond repair, and all I ever did to my black Alfa was wax it.
                            '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Griot's FTW!!!!

Not going to go into to avoid flaming. :D
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X