Let's see your R3V Rondel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see your R3V Rondel.

Let's see your version of R3V and or BMW roundels.

There you go Anderson, I fixed it for you...
    Last edited by Fanzotti; 04-30-2007, 12:23 PM.

They're called ROUNDels.

Comment

no offense to r3v or anything..i love this site..but why would u want one? r3v has no affiliation to bmw or anything. its like if you love pop-tarts then someone making a pop-tarts roundel. but i may be onto somethin here...

Comment

I'll take a pop-tarts roundel.

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by threlevenguy View Post
          no offense to r3v or anything..i love this site..but why would u want one? r3v has no affiliation to bmw or anything. its like if you love pop-tarts then someone making a pop-tarts roundel. but i may be onto somethin here...
          I need an ACS bear roundel w/ deep dish bears.
          Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
          Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Just doing it to see what creative people come up with.
            Last edited by Fanzotti; 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Seats Taken...No one rides for free...

Comment

OK, moved mine here

BTW, They can be made easily with epoxy resin, what you do is print them on photographic paper and make a mold with the lens shape, then pour some resin in there, and place the paper roundel inside, then pour some more resin, i haven't done it personally, but I've seen it done for keychains.

Another way to do it is to make the lens shaped plastic on one side and flat on the back, then silkscreen whatever design on the back.

Regarding the copyright thingy, there might be a way around it, I'll check with my lawyer to see what happens if they were made in Chile (things are not as serious here) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ivo316 View Post
                  OK, moved mine here

BTW, They can be made easily with epoxy resin, what you do is print them on photographic paper and make a mold with the lens shape, then pour some resin in there, and place the paper roundel inside, then pour some more resin, i haven't done it personally, but I've seen it done for keychains.

Another way to do it is to make the lens shaped plastic on one side and flat on the back, then silkscreen whatever design on the back.

Regarding the copyright thingy, there might be a way around it, I'll check with my lawyer to see what happens if they were made in Chile (things are not as serious here) ;)

They'd be illegal as soon as they pass into the US
                  Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                  Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

Originally posted by PeaveyBassist View Post
                    I'll take a pop-tarts roundel.

Will
                    +1

Originally posted by DBcooperM12
                    when i grow up, i hope to be a superamazinasian....like dom.

Comment

That's not the point, if you want one you want one, period, no reasons needed, I've seen a lot of "german flag" colored M stripes and if someone wants to do it well, who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
                        They'd be illegal as soon as they pass into the US
                        shit :(

Well, let's figure out a design, find the best way to make them, and then post a tutorial on how to make them yourself, how about that ???

I guess it's not illegal to make your own things or is it ???

Comment

ivo316 I dig your style man. Another way to do it would be to put E30 or R3V where BMW is. You could do many different versions. Yours is super cool and creative, awesome. Just for shits and giggles can you make the blue areas black and the white areas red and make BMW or E30 up top red...gotta see it.

If you change the white and blue prop design like ivo did that may change the trademark, kinda like flipping the nike swish upside down and adding a bend. you make it red and black with the r3v sign. or you just make one that is non bmw related. And Bmw's not coming after 200 Roundels, they would just stop you from making more, if they ever even heard about it.

02stu is looking for these motorsport rondels in another thread
                          Originally posted by 02stu View Post
                          here is an example
                          Pretty cool ha.

I just want to see different rondels. I'm putting my car together and I don't think I want the stock ones. Like to see peoples ideas for their own mostly but would also like to see any other ROUNDel thats out there.

Who cares if they get made. I just want to see what you guys can come up with.

Comment

"Oreo" roundel FTMFW!

Closing SOON!
                            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

OREO...I like it! You have just now entered the realm of Donk Box Bubble ROUNDels

Comment

Working...
                              X