How to remover rev limiter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remover rev limiter

what kind of chip is out there for a m10b18, with out going with a stand alone ,is there a chip i could find to bring the rev maybe to 7500-8000?? ive seen vids and read about high reving m10's just wondering what to look for down the road.

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
    what kind of chip is out there for a m10b18, with out going with a stand alone ,is there a chip i could find to bring the rev maybe to 7500-8000?? ive seen vids and read about high reving m10's just wondering what to look for down the road.
    So you think your 22 year old M10 is OK with spinning at 7500 RPM?

When you find this magic "chip" that allows that kind of abuse, make sure it comes with AAA and a bus pass.

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

E30 318i's have l-jetronic injection, those oldies can't be chipped.

L-jetronic is analog type computer and it has no software.

Some have limiter on both, on distiributor rotor and in ECU, while others have it only in ECU.

There is no sense to rev stock 318i m10 over 6500rpm you only gain noise.

If you however wish to modify the limiter this is the solution: http://home.swipnet.se/joakim_adolfs...tion-text.html
      Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
      BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
      BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
      BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

i wouldnt do this on a stock motor haha, i just wanted to know once i start building this thing, but thanks

Comment

you arent ready for that power.....
          sigpic

Comment

its ok i found out how. I need a dizzy from a e21 m10

Comment

Oh goodness.

Comment

wow - its not actually that complicated - dont play with resistors or get a new dizzy. take off the dizzy cap, on top of the rotor is a is a little plastic thing with a metal point on the end and a spring on it. remove it... its an ignition cut limiter.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
                  wow - its not actually that complicated - dont play with resistors or get a new dizzy. take off the dizzy cap, on top of the rotor is a is a little plastic thing with a metal point on the end and a spring on it. remove it... its an ignition cut limiter.
                  yea.. I knew this for some time now haha

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    So you think your 22 year old M10 is OK with spinning at 7500 RPM?

When you find this magic "chip" that allows that kind of abuse, make sure it comes with AAA and a bus pass.
                    lulz
                    -Andy

Comment

Oh noes.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        Oh noes.

Comment

dont worry guys, my m10 will be put to sleep or just sold for scrap after i DD some more

Comment

oops i accidentally necro?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
                              There is no sense to rev stock 318i m10 over 6500rpm you only gain noise.
                              You re wrong! My M10b18 revs past 7000rpm and with good fuel it also put out some 10 more bhp than stock (Max Power 114bhp at 7250rpm at a local dyno).Removing the rev limiter if you know how to drive properly (ie not over revving like mad every time you step on the throttle) is ok for any bullet proof M10 out there.
                              Yes,its still no power monster,but also yes,you CAN remove the limiter!
                              N.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
                              It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
                              you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Working...
                              X