Pikes Peak 201(5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pikes Peak 201(5)

Hello, my name is Jeff Schaadt, I am currently planning on entering the PPIHC in 2014. I have been considering it for the last 3 years, but after seeing Tim Hardy's build, we'll, that did it, oh, and the fact that my future son in law is Jeremy Foley, in case the name doesn't ring a bell, he's the one that drove off at Devils Playground 2 years ago...... I will be running my "87" 325e, yes, the "e", of course I will be going the traditional route of adding the 325i parts as well as a turbo.....I have already started tearing her down, totally gutted, windows out etc. I have a SpecE30 suspension set up, Bilstein/H&R....Braided brake lines...NRG quick release wheel....CondorSpeedShop power steering delete....TRMotorsport wheels, and a set of Federal FRS tires.... Will probably run Hoosier or similar at Pikes Peak.
    As far as the cage etc, it would he hard to top Tim Hardy's build, so ill just steal his ideas and tweak to my liking,....thanks Tim!
    I had the opportunity to go to this years event, all I can say is, wow, cannot wait for next year, my wife on the other hand is not a fan of narrow mountain roads, when we drove up to Devils Playground at 1:30 race day, it wasn't so bad for her, because it felt like you we're just driving on an old country road. I will have to hand it to her, although I'm sure she's questioning my sanity, she's not letting on, just be safe is what she says, and when you factor in Jeremy's crash from 2 years ago, she must be thinking of a really large Ins. Package.
    I've shown my dad in car videos and his only comment was.....OK, and , WHY do you want to do this?
    A little bit about my driving back ground, raced go karts in Indiana when I was 16.....well before shifter karts as we know them existed....been auto-xing since 2004, won a handful of National tours and trophied at Nationals 3 consecutive years....2009 was my best year, running a 2007 Mini Cooper S, I won 3 national tours and missed winning Nationals by .095 of a second, which if you figure speeds at the finish line, I lost by 3 feet on each course, funny how some things stick with you.
    I will post some pics ASAP, and try to keep updating as new pieces are added,or ill just come on here and post some random stoopid stuff.
    Anyway, if all goes well, in a little over 11 months, I' ll see y'all at the top.
    Last edited by Jeff Schaadt; 12-04-2013, 06:48 PM. Reason: Left out some info
    WMMFT Racing/Condor SpeedShop/BimmerHeads

Looks like lots of fun and late nights to come :) As far as the cage goes their are a few things I would do different on mine (if I were to do it again) if you would like some more ideas to think about.

Good Luck! Feel free to ask for advice anytime.
    Instagram timhardyracing

Pikes Peak Hill Climb Build

Comment

When is this event? Is there a website to go and check it out?
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tim, sorry I didn't get to chat you up this year, Jeremy's car was not cooperating so it was go go go from the time we got there. I did get a shot of you going by at Devils Playground.....rain/fog....weather changes so fast up there.....crazy.

El Bimmer....PPIHC.com....usually runs late June, early August.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Schaadt View Post
          Thanks Tim, sorry I didn't get to chat you up this year, Jeremy's car was not cooperating so it was go go go from the time we got there. I did get a shot of you going by at Devils Playground.....rain/fog....weather changes so fast up there.....crazy.

El Bimmer....PPIHC.com....usually runs late June, early August.
          Great, Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

http://

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just a couple shots of where I'm at. Just got my seat today, from Ultra Shield, a local company about 45 miles away.

Comment

That's a nice seat! Is it expensive?
                      sigpic

Comment

Where do you live? I'm in Tyler.

Comment

El Bimmer, $440 with tax.

Gobuffs, Gladewater.

Comment

Power steering Out ...

Comment

Condor Speed Shop power steering delete installed...was able to remove hoses without raising the motor....19mm and 22mm wrenches required for install

Comment

Working...
                              X