what rotors on Massive street kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    Also duct the brakes to keep the heat down.
    I dont believe I am having a heat issue at all.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      The vw carrado and bmw e30 are two totally different cars.
      Im not sure Im following you.....?????

Im trying to see what guys are using on the massive street kit re 1 pc rotors...and if they are using brembo or ate....are they having any issues?

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        The vw carrado and bmw e30 are two totally different cars.
        The corrado rotor is utilized with this kit. The center bore is made slightly larger to work on our cars.
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
          The corrado rotor is utilized with this kit. The center bore is made slightly larger to work on our cars.

Ahhh I did not know that. Oops nvm then.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
            hey fellas.....all responses are appreciated but u may be missing the point.

There have been a few issues w/ brembo and ate re rotors cracking/failing on CORRADO replacement rotors....

its not related to brembo or ate on any other applications.

I ran both brands on oe e 30 set ups for years and loved them!...

Im asking re corrado application which in this scenario is used on a bbk

back to normal programming.
            Ah, gotcha. Anecdotal at best, but in Chump the only team that I encountered that ran a Corrado didn't seem to have any cracks in their rotors after 7 hours of (not constant) running. When I asked them about the brakes (because I noticed the weird rotors) they said they never had issues with the Brembo blanks and the rotors were not visibly cracked. This was at WGI IIRC.

Edit:

Won't standard A2 Golf/GTI brakes work? Same size I believe, not 100% on hat offset/height. If not I think I remember from my VW days that G60 Golfs and maybe Syncros used the same brakes as the Corrado but without the hat vents.

Comment

I completely forgot that I took pics of my own G60 rotors when I ran them:

I forget how many sessions I got out of them but it was at least 3-4 track days.

Comment

D...that brand does not appear to have the holes cast into the hat area....hmmm...

Comment

I have Meyle Corrado rotors, and they are 1 piece with no "holes" in the hat area.

Comment

Originally posted by nyChris View Post
                    I have Meyle Corrado rotors, and they are 1 piece with no "holes" in the hat area.
                    yup...... meyle may be the desired brand for moi.

who was your source?

Comment

Yeh, Meyle rotors.

Comment

First, I do not have a Massive Brakes kit.

But I do have Brembo Blank Corrado Rotors with Wilwood Calipers. I use Hawk DTC-60 pads on my S52 swapped e30 DD/Track car. Car is 2620lbs.

I ran this setup with no cooling at 4 different tracks on 8 or so different weekends. I had no issues with the rotors. I did go through pads though. After running my pads all the way to the metal and trying to "cookie cutter" the backing plate of the pad, I did change my rotors to a new set of corrado rotors.

The next year, I added cooling ducts. The pad life has gone up and rotors are still fine.

I would think to have a catastrophic failure such as the picture, you would have to have alot of flex in the wheel bearing and when the brakes are applied, it is warping the rotor to failure. Just my opinion though.

I drive my car like I dont care and it has been fine.

Comment

these are stock E30 brembo blanks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artful Dodger View Post
                            First, I do not have a Massive Brakes kit.

But I do have Brembo Blank Corrado Rotors with Wilwood Calipers. I use Hawk DTC-60 pads on my S52 swapped e30 DD/Track car. Car is 2620lbs.

I ran this setup with no cooling at 4 different tracks on 8 or so different weekends. I had no issues with the rotors. I did go through pads though. After running my pads all the way to the metal and trying to "cookie cutter" the backing plate of the pad, I did change my rotors to a new set of corrado rotors.

The next year, I added cooling ducts. The pad life has gone up and rotors are still fine.

I would think to have a catastrophic failure such as the picture, you would have to have alot of flex in the wheel bearing and when the brakes are applied, it is warping the rotor to failure. Just my opinion though.

I drive my car like I dont care and it has been fine.

good to hear.......

a bit ot....but are you using 12 mm thick pads in those wilwoods?......how much longer did they last w/ cooling added? I get like 5 days or so on my pads.

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
                              these are stock E30 brembo blanks

well, on my stock oe brakes my brembos rocked....for a long time...prolly like 10 days...40 sessions....maybe more

give us more info.....how many days on them..how old etc etc etc

.....any rotor can crack....eventually.
                              Last edited by JRKOUPE; 12-13-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Clearly you should have pressed both NOS buttons.

@2:03
                                2 Fast 2 Furious movie clips: http://j.mp/1JaFgLwBUY THE MOVIE: https://www.fandangonow.com/details/movie/2-fast-2-furious-2003/1MV611ac747ae0ad17fae271134bb...

Comment

Working...
                                X