Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
    None of that word salad answers my question. What evidence do you need that would convince you?
    let me ask a return question
    what evidence is there? seriously.
    tree ring data is discredited, mann is discredited, the mathematical models don't work, there's a 800 yr lag in CO2 going up after warming has begun, etc etc etc.
    the shy hasn't fallen, oceans are not rising, glaciers aren't melting, anarctic sea is is growing.
    your models don't predict
    the data doesn't support

and this is for cale. again.
    CO2's forcing effect is logrithmic. it is not linear. (suggest you look it up, you know, be bold, go the extra step)
    my original question is a rephrase of arguments made by scientists that are not convinced in AGW
    Last edited by gwb72tii; 03-28-2012, 12:33 PM.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
      try reading up on the issue cale before you make yourself look foolish. again.
      Right, disagreeing thoughts therefore ignorant. Great argument gramps.

Comment

let me ask a return question
        what evidence is there? seriously.
        tree ring data is discredited, mann is discredited, the mathematical models don't work, there's a 800 yr lag in CO2 going up after warming has begun, etc etc etc.
        the shy hasn't fallen, oceans are not rising, glaciers aren't melting, anarctic sea is is growing.
        your models don't predict
        the data doesn't support

and this is for cale. again.
        CO2's forcing effect is logrithmic. it is not linear. (suggest you look it up, you know, be bold, go the extra step)
        my original question is a rephrase of arguments made by scientists that are not convinced in AGW
        Why can't you just answer the question? What evidence is required to convince you?
        sigpic

Comment

The compelling kind......... opposed to sketchy and questionable kind that the agw crowd relies upon
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

^Great non-anwer. Sounds like you don't even know. What is compelling enough. Like if the top of Mt. Everest is melting? Or oceans are becoming acidic, or there is a mass extinction of species only seen in other major climatic or catastrophic events? Oh wait, I guess that can't be compelling enough since it's already happening. So what would be even more compelling in your mind to convince you that GW is man-made? No one has answered yet... still waiting....
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah that rising polar bear population is really pissed at us humans. Oh and the mountains are not melting. ZIP.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Why can't you just answer the question? What evidence is required to convince you?
                herb, empirical evidence supporting your side
                as in data that supports the theory, gathered data showing cause and effect
                not mathematical models

did you know, and i was reading somewhere, that random credit card numbers fed into mann's hockey stick model produced, drum roll, a hockey stick graph

nice reply cale. stunning.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

herb, empirical evidence supporting your side
                  as in data that supports the theory, gathered data showing cause and effect
                  not mathematical models

did you know, and i was reading somewhere, that random credit card numbers fed into mann's hockey stick model produced, drum roll, a hockey stick graph

It's pretty obvious that empirical evidence and data showing cause and effect is not enough to convince you, because there is plenty of it. I just don't think you're going to find that information in the conservative web sites you browse to get your information. Don't you find it a little odd and biased that every single link you have ever posted on this subject comes from a conservative editorial instead of a science journal or non-political science web site? How can you blindly believe information that has not been reviewed and scrutinized by climatologists and openly reject information that has?

If you truly want an unbiased, non-political website where you can go to read what is really being discovered with regards to AGW, you can read the myriad of articles and evidence. Perhaps you should try there for your information rather than conservative blogs and newspaper editorials:
                  www.sciencedaily.com
                  climate.nasa.gov
                  (I know you won't read. It's really for those that are interested in learning about GW from reputable sources.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks! You should check out this book I recently read, it's called I'm a Scientific-Layman Republican in Denial written by Special Snowflake.

Comment

We are only one comet or massive volcano eruption away from an ice age..... time to get a world govt to start regulating volcano activity.

The whole damned thing is a sham. Neither side can prove or disprove what or even if their is a cause of supposed global warming.... Its really just a front for a central govt. Pretty sure the climate always has and will change in cycles, not much we can do to stop or slow it. But we can use that as an excuse to control how people live, and consume.

Comment

Mr naples has hit the nail on the head as I have mentioned before
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
                          We are only one comet or massive volcano eruption away from an ice age..... time to get a world govt to start regulating volcano activity.

The whole damned thing is a sham. Neither side can prove or disprove what or even if their is a cause of supposed global warming.... Its really just a front for a central govt. Pretty sure the climate always has and will change in cycles, not much we can do to stop or slow it. But we can use that as an excuse to control how people live, and consume.
                          This conclusion you came to by reading and understanding the vast scientific data collected over the decades? Because 97% of experts qualified to do so would disagree with you. So I suppose you'll never need to get an opinion from a doctor if you have health issues since you don't give two shits about what an expert would say anyway. Good luck with that.
                          sigpic

Comment

where are you getting this 97% figure from?
                            Last edited by jrobie79; 03-29-2012, 08:06 AM.
                            1991 318is ---230K - DD
                            1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                            so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

^ Don’t take it so personally that zero evidence can be proven, global warming is a theory partner. One that cannot be proved one way or the other,,, which is why it is the perfect reason for global govt's... Don’t be so naive.... Global warming would affect the entire world, you can regulate nations that consume down to the level of undeveloped countries. The burden would be the heaviest on the lower/middle class thus ensuring the status of the upperclass. But I suppose one needs to think for themself to see the true motive. It is really a mute argument as the vast scientific data all can be manipulated one way or the other....

Secondly, why is global warming a negative anyway? Pretty sure during the Jurassic age plants were growing quite vigorously, were they not? Their are plenty of C4 crop plants that would thrive under a warmer earth. It very well may be the earth is warming, and will continue to warm, until a cataclismic event causes a cooling, and at that point the cycle will start over again.

Anyway, its pointless to argue even if global warming is a fact, there is not a thing I am going to differently if I can help it, which is the thought of the vast majority. Which must be a rather hopeless feeling for you.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that empirical evidence and data showing cause and effect is not enough to convince you, because there is plenty of it. I just don't think you're going to find that information in the conservative web sites you browse to get your information. Don't you find it a little odd and biased that every single link you have ever posted on this subject comes from a conservative editorial instead of a science journal or non-political science web site? How can you blindly believe information that has not been reviewed and scrutinized by climatologists and openly reject information that has?

If you truly want an unbiased, non-political website where you can go to read what is really being discovered with regards to AGW, you can read the myriad of articles and evidence. Perhaps you should try there for your information rather than conservative blogs and newspaper editorials:
                                www.sciencedaily.com
                                climate.nasa.gov
                                (I know you won't read. It's really for those that are interested in learning about GW from reputable sources.)
                                define peer review for me herb
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X