Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone point me to a good OBD2 wiring writeup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is a e39 harness and the plug that is missing is a X6011

Comment

did the e39 harnesses not have an x20 connector? I checked the part numbers I could find on the harness itself and it matched up with a 328 harness.

Comment

this sounds like a huge undertaking for you.. I would probably abandoned this if I were you.

Comment

If the OP counts 19 wires, it couldn't be the x6011 that is missing.

Could you take a more detailed pic of the harness?
          PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

ill get a full picture this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 RSA Swap 528i View Post
              it is a e39 harness and the plug that is missing is a X6011

im starting to wonder if all three of the pictured plugs were cut off giving me what i have. That looks like it could be more like it. Ill get better pictures this evening though to try and figure it out.

Comment

I found this image on my phone. I know its not the greatest, but it shows the wire harness laid out at least. I will get detailed pics when I am home this evening.
                Last edited by haaken675; 03-13-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Thats def not an e36 328is obd2 harness, or it's a really chopped up one. It doesn't have the injector rail with the front o2 connectors on it, which would normally be attached right about where your bundle of cut off wires is sticking out.

Comment

crap, I was thinking the injector harness was a separate peace...I am going to light this guys world on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by J0dylan View Post
                      Thats def not an e36 328is obd2 harness, or it's a really chopped up one. It doesn't have the injector rail with the front o2 connectors on it, which would normally be attached right about where your bundle of cut off wires is sticking out.
                      So just to guess, this harness is probably a waste to try and use in my case?

I've been trying to return it but the guy that sold it is being an ass...

Comment

Looks like this is an e39 wire harness...

And here is the rest of it:

I have been looking at this as it was an e36 harness the whole time which definitely threw me off...So now i'm not sure if it is worth working on this or just buying a new one...I already bought a c101 to splice into it.
                        Last edited by haaken675; 03-13-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I'd get a new one, sucks but that one has been hacked into pieces and is way too much hassle to try and fix. It doesnt even have half of what should be there. I just did this part of my swap with a 98 328is auto harness if you find one similar I can probably point you in the right direction as far as what you need to do to it to get it working.

Comment

working on getting the asshole that sold it to me on ebay to refund me...Guess its time to look for a new harness.

Comment

haaken what part of FL are you in? If you're local I could give some insight.
                              sigpic
                              Alpina B6 2.8/1 Project
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=345025
                              Frankenstein Turbo Swap Thread [On Hold]
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255606

Comment

Originally posted by EulB30 View Post
                                haaken what part of FL are you in? If you're local I could give some insight.
                                I live in the Tampa Bay area.

Comment

Working...
                                X