MISHIMOTO radiator for E30 LS swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone verify the Mishimoto radiator that I need for the LS swap? I believe i have seen that the 99-02 Z3 is what is needed but i wanted to verify that and see if anyone had pictures of one installed. Thanks!

I used a Mishimoto R32 GTR radiator for my swap. Required mounts to be fabricated but the width, height, thickness and inlet/outlet locations was perfect.
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Would you mind taking a few pics of the mount modification and fans you went with?

Comment

Originally posted by 90e30ls View Post
        Would you mind taking a few pics of the mount modification and fans you went with?
        keep me in touch with this too haha,
        e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Mishi is what is used for my 7.1L LS Swap, Just make sure you have a good SPAL fan on there
          95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
          Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
          LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
            keep me in touch with this too haha,
            Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
              Mishi is what is used for my 7.1L LS Swap, Just make sure you have a good SPAL fan on there
              Did you go with a single fan? Did you also use the Mishimoto R32 radiator?

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
                I used a Mishimoto R32 GTR radiator for my swap. Required mounts to be fabricated but the width, height, thickness and inlet/outlet locations was perfect.
                What did you do for your hoses?
                My Garage
                09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                09 E92 335i Msport
                09 E70 X5 4.8
                88 325es - Build Thread - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=383423
                87 325i m50 swap
                87 325es

Comment

I used an RB25DET lower hose, a combination of 90 degree hoses and a coupe of aluminum hose joiners I got from Pegasus. Cut them to fit and currently working pretty good.

I do have a couple different hoses I wanna try out down the road though. If they fit, that should eliminate the need to different hoses and joiners. I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Comment

Please do, thanks! In the meantime, do you mind sharing some pix of the setup? It would help greatly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My Garage
                    09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                    09 E92 335i Msport
                    09 E70 X5 4.8
                    88 325es - Build Thread - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=383423
                    87 325i m50 swap
                    87 325es

Comment

Some quick pics I got a few weeks back.

Comment

My radiator finally arrived. I ordered the Jegs variant of this same radiator however, it arrived damage so I returned and ordered the mishimoto r32 instead. I'll post pix once installed.

I'll post mounted pictures in my build thread. Thanks for the pix/help/advice Q8y_drifter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My Garage
                        09 Mini Cooper S (Daily)
                        09 E92 335i Msport
                        09 E70 X5 4.8
                        87 325i m50 swap
                        87 325es

Comment

Did you guys plumb in a surge tank or did you just use the radiator cap and then plumb its vent to an overflow tank?

I was planning on following this diagram but the mishimoto radiator is different because it has a radiator cap, and technically no vent line, just the overflow line.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigphil001 View Post
                            Did you guys plumb in a surge tank or did you just use the radiator cap and then plumb its vent to an overflow tank?

I was planning on following this diagram but the mishimoto radiator is different because it has a radiator cap, and technically no vent line, just the overflow line.

In the pictures posted by Q8y drifter you can see they have the vent running to the top of the water pump. I'm assuming it's a wp swap.

My solution instead is to run a mishimoto coolant temp housing with a nipple fitting and plumb the vent to it like this dude did.

Inexpensive solution to drilling and tapping the water pump or other scenarios. Please comment. Part numbers are in the video

Comment

Working...
                            X