Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
    i just did a write up on that for another guy, hang on:

Lol, do what i did, attach it to your bumper.

With plastic mounts, the spoiler sags in the middle. looks like the car is smiling like a retard all the damn time.

Here's what I did.

1. Take the metal cross bar, and knock out the studs in it. I put the bar on a piece of soft wood, and hammered the shit out og the studs. Redrilled thos holes to allow m6 bolts. I used my extra oil-pan bolts.

2. Put that bar into the spoiler where it would be, and drill out those 3-5 holes.

3. Attach your spoiler to the car with side moints, lift it up and mark the center hole.

4. Put that metal bar under the bumper, align center holes. I used 3 clamps to hold that bar in place. Mark the rest of the holes, and drill those holes with bar in place.

5. All you have to do now is bolt on the spoiler with metal bar under the spoiler. I use that bar to distribute the load of bolts across the entire spoiler.

Like I said, I used oil pan bolts and generic 6mm nuts. Takes longer to align than to write this up, but looks great as a result.
    Is that Swartz one also your's?

Comment

it's delphin grau, and yes it is. it's all the same car, different lighting.

Avatar is the old car. Crashed car.

PS: i really hate that pic, it reminds me how bad i need to replace my front valence.

Comment

Damn, wait. You mean the second car next to mine? It's Richards, and it's green 85 e.

Comment

Yea, LOL I meant that one. It looks black from the lighting, but what do I know I'm colorblind.

Comment

he'll be at the meet

Comment

I'm trying to make it up there. It looks as if its all going to be e's, haha..

Comment

no, i have as many I's as E's coming. And this isn't my meet thread. LOL

In other news. I have received Proturbo manifold adapter, with waste gate adapter. Props to my main man Nitro325i. We had a trade, and I am extremely happy.

I always wanted proturbo one, and not 666fab or those other cheap ebay manifolds. Also, as much as I like TCD manifolds, they have many limitations.

I already have Garrett gt28 turbo sitting on my dresser (brand new). I have a spare m20b25 block in the garage out of an autotragic 325iS, all head work was done by Carr Industries (bought whole car from them, with all service history, and parted it).

Pics coming SOON. Probably tomorrow.

Also, another update. I am trading for a pair of m3 struts, so as soon as those come in, I have everything for a 5-lug swap and e36 steering rack swap. Most of you may like what I did with the knuckle. This shall be a fun year.

Hope to see every one at the meet, and I'll try to make meets a regular thing, so we can push each other to do work, other wise I'll be very lazy and not do jack.

Comment

Haha, it would be cool to have frequent meets! Charlotte would be perfect for everyone for the next meet!

Comment

Progress of today:

Bought myself a Nikon d60 DSLR. Expect better pics soon.

Combination of Canon XTI and Nikon D60 should be amazing. I am very happy.

Comment

Can't wait to see the pics. You're car has become my insperation..Do you plan on swapping the dbs for Euros?

Comment

No way, I for one, really like tucked in diving boards and and front spoiler and rear skirt look natural with diving boards as well.

Here are pics of turbo parts...

brand new garrett turbo

awesome waste gate adapter and a much needed spacer from Nitro325i

Proturbo adapter also from Nitro325i

Expect another post shortly of todays photoshoot.

Comment

NICE! Do you mind me asking how much it ran you?

Comment

Turbo fell off the back of the truck (brand new only $350), the rest cost me about $40 in shipping, as I traded for it.

Comment

Not bad. Can't wait to see it done!

Comment

So here's my last post for the night, my gf and I went out had our cars screw on camera.

My new Nikon D60 camera. God I love typing that.

anyhow, here it goes:

and last but not least...

Comment

Working...
                                X