Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another M30 E30 amongst your ranks. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PORCUPINE AND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tach is one black wire that you have to run from the m30 harness to the 3 pin connector above the glovebox area. The speedo should be your diff sensor, or it's wiring. Have you already checked all that?
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm getting 7.75V off the signal wire at the diff, I had no idea about the 3 pin connector, however. Unfortunately the car is an hour and a half away, and LSPR is this weekend, so no real results till weekend after next I'm afraid. Thanks for the help :)

Comment

Got any pics of this rally event?

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I have some cell pics of Oliver getting on the flatbed, but nothing of the action. It was a TSD rally put on by the college's car club, but 75% of the participants just went balls out for fastest time instead of most accurate. I'll have some shots of the damage when I get back to where the car's sitting... it's pretty painful.

Comment

Adiabatic, do you have stairs in your house?

Comment

I am well protected, and very glad someone caught on :D

EDIT for content: he's all fixed up, and I went on to getting that infamous leak at the heater core connection fixed with liberal amounts of JB weld and some specialty tools. Next up: Finding out why my blower motor decided to stop working. I suppose then I'll worry about such trivial things as working gauges and horns, then luxuries such as radio, as working heat has suddenly shot to the top of my priority list.

Unfortunately, I'm back working in Northville and living in Jackson, MI, when the car is in Grand Rapids. Hopefully this weekend will be fruitful.
              Last edited by Adiabatic; 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Sooo he's slowly overheating... when I opened up the thermostat bleeder (res cap still on however) and let him run, nothing came out, even when I took the screw all the way out. Being I've tested the (new) thermostat 3 times now, and he ran cool and fine both without the thermostat and with thermostat but heater core bypassed, I'm thinking either I suck at bleeding this thing or that stupid hot water valve by the heater core is mucking things up. Anyone ever had problems with it? I know it's default to open, so i'll probably unplug it then bleed the system again.

On a lighter note, hes currently sitting on Firestone Winterforces (tucked in the front, not by choice, kind of hilarious looking actually) and drives fine with the new trailing arm :D When I finally get the cooling system awesome and some heat in the cabin, the Hella 4000s are going on.

Comment

picssssssssssssssssssssssss

Did you try parking it on a hill and bleeding?

It took a little bit to bleed mine and my whole cooling system was mickey moused together, but it worked great and I had heat. So I dunno. Might be best to hook up the heater core so you know it's all hooked up correctly.
                  Originally posted by LJ851
                  I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Heater core's hooked up, therein lies the problem currently I suppose. I'll have time to work on it this weekend, and I'll try to remember to snap some pics.

Comment

Raise the front of the car up, add more coolant/water.

Comment

BIG updates with pictures as soon as I get a cable for my camera. Anyone know how to imbed photos instead of linking? What site is most compatible as well?

Comment

Just throw the url of the photo, say from photobucket, in between [img] [/img] tages

so, with one of your previous images, http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img2155g.jpg/ click the image and use the url with JUST the image, in this case http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8871/img2155g.jpg

and put it between the img tags. I did it but it's huge so you may want to look into resizing them
                          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

^^^ thanks

Edit: I also just went back and resized/embedded the previous pictures.

HORRIBLE, DEATHLY GRUESOME PICS!

So I finally was bored enough at work to actually find a cable for my camera and upload pictures of Oliver from last weekend. I fixed the overheating issue with all your suggestions, and also found a wonderfully burnt wire near the fusebox that cut off all HVAC (and apparently my engine fan too!) so that's all fixed. Oliver is ready for winter, minus the inoperable washer system and hole in the firewall that cools my heater core off... but that's just gravy :D

Anyways, on to pictures of the carnage from the wheel-off a while back.

Here we see the wonderful trailing arm, and my attempts with a drill and oxyacetylene torch to save it:

Closeup: (note the discoloration due to the torch)

Lovely scuffing from the rotor, when it decided to trap the backing plate/dust cover between it and the rim:

Closeup of the poor backing plate/dust cover:

And of course, the piece de resistance, the horrible jerk rim:

Closeup of the mating surface:

And the inner surface that went prehistoric and ground against the dust cover:

Now, for some slightly happier pics...

New winterforces! And working vehicle!

Myspace angle:

Rear wheel gap:

Front tuck: (I know this is horrible for winter/snow but I don't care, it's just so god damn hilarious)

Money shot!

That's it for now... let me know if there's anything else ya'll want pictures of and I promise I'll get em snapped and uploaded sometime this year.
                            Last edited by Adiabatic; 11-18-2009, 07:39 AM.

Comment

What exhaust are you running? Suspension?

Feedback

Comment

Exhaust is just a fart can as far as I know, suspension looks like H&R springs and Koni hydraulics? I can't be positive on this though.

Comment

Working...
                                X