X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Happy NOBAMA day !!!!
    You're a racist.

I'm kidding, but in all seriousness, it amazes me that our outgoing speech-giver in chief has SOO much respect. Domestic policy was not that great, race relations are much worse than they were 8 years ago in this country. On foreign policy, we dithered on the "red line" in Syria, then Kerry handed the reins to Russia, and the administration was never called to account. Obama in 2012 in response to Mitt Romney's perceived threat of Russia, "Hey Mitt, the 80s called, and they want their foreign policy back." Remember Obama's smart analysis of ISIS being "JV"? Yeah, that was bang on. Libya, that's gone well. Our relationship with China is worse than it was 8 years ago after the famous "pivot to Asia", the list goes on.

Trump...wow, never thought it would happen, didn't vote for him. He's a loose cannon. I'm encouraged by his cabinet picks, but we'll see what happens. That said, all these people that have visions of the 8 horsemen of the apocalypse and think Obama was the greatest POTUS we've ever had...give me a break.
    sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

..like Tom Hanks said, we should hope for him to be a great president.

He's OUR president now, and his success and failures will reflect upon our country.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post

Trump...wow, never thought it would happen, didn't vote for him. He's a loose cannon. I'm encouraged by his cabinet picks, but we'll see what happens. That said, all these people that have visions of the 8 horsemen of the apocalypse and think Obama was the greatest POTUS we've ever had...give me a break.
        A lot of these cabinet picks are pretty bad, DoEducation, attorney general, EPA are all really, really bad.

Some aren't too bad, I guess Rick Perry can bumble his way through D O E (is a filtered word???) and the Treasury guy seems ok.
        Last edited by BraveUlysses; 01-20-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

...all I know is, some one could make a killing right now selling sheets of Plywood downtown. I guess all the storefronts are preparing for the peaceful marches this afternoon.
          2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            ...all I know is, some one could make a killing right now selling sheets of Plywood downtown. I guess all the storefronts are preparing for the peaceful marches this afternoon.
            Kinda makes me glad I no longer live in Portland. So...this is day 2 of "The Resistance," right? I saw some anti-Trump rally the other night that was talking about it.
            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Hope for the best - fear the worst.

I think like any president, some things will be good, others bad. I fear for the really, really bad.

But, and I'm not kidding - the specter of a Trump presidency is going to make me a lot of money over the next 6 months... Good or bad, it is what it is.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                Kinda makes me glad I no longer live in Portland. So...this is day 2 of "The Resistance," right? I saw some anti-Trump rally the other night that was talking about it.
                Yep, and tomorrow is the Woman March, which is supposed to number 35,000. I don't even know how that's going to work in the space they are authorized for.
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Yes you do Lee yes you most certainly sorta do
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

I think the economy will do fine, possibly even great under Trump. It's the lack of knowledge he's demonstrated on foreign policy and fragile ego that has myself and many others seeing horsemen on the horizon.
                    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

perhaps this is the first speech someone else wrote and probably the first one he actually stuck to. however, i have to say that was one hell of a damn good inaugural speech. just awesome in my opinion.

godspeed you comb over red face douche clown.

i'm just glad its not hilary today. fuck that bitch.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Any nudes of the FLOTUS?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Any nudes of the FLOTUS?
                          Asking the tough questions.

they are out there thou