Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

custom exhaust need help(opinions) LONG!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

......I wonder if you need that glasspack also........but Kris said his system was loud....hmmmm

Hope you can get pics and give us your thoughts.

Kris, what magna flow are you using?....
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by EverWiser
      If the stock "i" exhaust pipes are 45mm each, that is a cross sectional area of 3181 square millimeters. A single 2.5" pipe has a cross sectional area of 3167 square millimeters so you'll still be just a grunt smaller. To be honest, however, the stock 45mm pipes are probably a little more restrictive due to twice the pipe surface internally (circumferencially). The two 45mm pipes have a total circumference of 565mm and a single 2.5" pipe has one of 399mm so if you equate that to the internal surface area of the pipe, the exhaust gases will "drag" across more pipe surface on its way through the stock "i" pipes. This would produce more backpressure than a single pipe with less surface area to drap upon. "Ain't math fun!".... :D

now thats the kinda math I like!
      I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan
        ......I wonder if you need that glasspack also........but Kris said his system was loud....hmmmm

Err, can't seem to come up with the model number at the moment. Dual-in, dual-out...*shrug*
        Chris

The Hunt: Part IV is over.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan

well i was thinking the same thing...so what im planning of doing is maybe seeing if midas will actually put the glasspack on inplace of the cat if they will then i could save 80 bucks and sell the cat...(id rather not have it anyways)but its highly unlikely that they would do it considering its illigal but imma try!! either way whatever i decide to do i will deffinatly post some pics and ill try to get a couple recordings of before and after im hoping it sounds sweet (im not expecting much performance gains if any)

Comment

Working...
          X