Good junkyards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnr617 View Post
    the guys at center are always rude to me. they kicked me out when i asked for a price on an oil level sensor. said they dont want me buying sensors coming off a bmw. ended up buying a full running m20 just for the sensor
    Really? what? how did you buy a whole motor just for the sensor, they're like 7 bucks at autozone, or maybe 15 online! at least it runs? :)

I've never really had an experience like that with them, usually they seem pretty nice, albeit their prices are sometimes outrageous and and as soon as you say 'BMW' the price goes way up. then they won't really even let you haggle a little bit. But the e30 selection, locally, is what keeps me coming back.

Rand Rind has 2 BMW's the last time i was there. an e36 and some
    7 series picked to shit. they're a bit more chill there, the owner's name is bruce, he's a good guy.

--Mike
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Carworld in candia, nh has a 318is that's almost completely picked and a 318i that's mostly all there. Also kens auto salvage in Kingston,nh has a 325i auto with no motor

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerbum318 View Post
        Carworld in candia, nh has a 318is that's almost completely picked and a 318i that's mostly all there. Also kens auto salvage in Kingston,nh has a 325i auto with no motor
        Any late models?

Comment

There all late model e30s if that's what you mean. Kens wasn't my cup of tea, he was a bit of a dick but if your willing to put up with it there was a few good parts left on it. I love car world because you can check prices yourself on there site. For pick it yourself it doesn't matter if it's from a Bentley or a Kia it's the same price for the same part.
          Last edited by Bimmerbum318; 05-25-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Formels in Great Barrington, ma used to hold e30s up until the cash4clunkers. I think Molts in Hyde Park, ny still has some.

OT but anybody around needs a radio for GM or Saab divorced/ married or something else let me know. I have a tech2.

Sent from SPACE using Tapatalk 2
            FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
            Saab/GM tech2 programming
            My for sale thread
            1990 325iX for sale or part out
            Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
            And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerbum318 View Post
              There all late model e30s if that's what you mean. Kens wasn't my cup of tea, he was a bit of a dick but if your willing to put up with it there was a few good parts left on it. I love car world because you can check prices yourself on there site. For pick it yourself it doesn't matter if it's from a Bentley or a Kia it's the same price for the same part.
              Good to know! All I need is late model pigtails for the turn signals on my plastic bumper swap. Can not find them online.

Comment

The 318i still has the turn signals that is as of Monday which was the last day I went.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr617 View Post
                  the guys at center are always rude to me. they kicked me out when i asked for a price on an oil level sensor. said they dont want me buying sensors coming off a bmw. ended up buying a full running m20 just for the sensor
                  Use the five finger discount for that

One time I wanted an intermittent wiper stalk for an old toyota pickup I had so I went and grabbed one off a newer 4runner at a junk lot, which involved unbolting the steering wheel, undoing some screws, and separating it from the turn signal stalk. Then I get to the counter and the dick guy says I'm supposed to buy the two stalks together. So I say well I don't need the other half and the two came apart easy enough, but I'll go back out there and put it all back together. He said okay fine you can have it, 20 bucks cash. I pull out my money and all I had was 19 dollars and change. He says fine, take it. The look on his face was priceless!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Like why the fuck do they do that? honestly. no matter what, that car is going to be turned into scrap, it doesn't matter! I've never had an experience like that, but then again I've never really bought anything side specific i guess, unless you count an e30 door tweeter.... idk

--Mike
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Yesterday I went to Hollands in Billerica. One e30 which is toast. I did find a 2 button e30 center console in a Mercedes trunk so I brought it up front and threw it into the e30. Hope someone here scoops it! It was in great shape. I also found my front signal plugs. Turns out, the e36 uses the same plug. Good stuff!

Comment

There is also Jack's in Billerica. They tend to have picked over carcass's and they also race an E30 in the Lemons series so it's tough finding anything decent anymore.
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          There is also Jack's in Billerica. They tend to have picked over carcass's and they also race an E30 in the Lemons series so it's tough finding anything decent anymore.
                          Never knew the raced Lemons but that makes sense as to where all the decent parts go. Maybe 10 years ago I used to get some awesome stuff from Jack's then it all disappeared. Now I know why lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Youngest guy races, he's about 35-45 range. He works the counter and phones.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                              Really? what? how did you buy a whole motor just for the sensor, they're like 7 bucks at autozone, or maybe 15 online! at least it runs? :)
                              it was a low milage running m20 from europe. it was hard to pass up. the dealer wanted $187 for the sensor so it was a no-brainer.

Comment

Long term bump-

Has anyone seen any E24/E28/E30/E34s recently in any of the yards mentioned (or not mentioned but nearby)?

Comment

Working...
                                X