X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
    Originally posted by Digitalwave
    Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
    Torque wrenches are pointless. Ask any older GOOD mechanic and he will tell you he never uses/used a torque wrench. It's all about feel. It's tight when it feels tight, not when a wrench tells you it is.
    Maybe for a master mechanic that has been doing it for many years. That is some terrible advice you are giving for the kids on this forum though.
    Don't know if you noticed, but I'm a kid also. I've worked many hours and many cars (obviously not as many as some old-timers) and have never sheered a bolt off and have never had one come loose either.

And refering to what NC325iC said about sheering off bolts, its all in the feel. I can tell when a bolt is tight BEFORE it is anywhere near tight enough to sheer. It all depends though. Some people have the feel, others don't.
    I guess you have the magic touch. But I think its dumb to say nobody should use a torque wrench because mechanics don't. I'd rather know that my car is setup the way the factory intended.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave

I guess you have the magic touch. But I think its dumb to say nobody should use a torque wrench because mechanics don't. I'd rather know that my car is setup the way the factory intended.
      I agree with you. Is it that much more of a pain to torque the bolts the way they should?

Keep using the 'magic feel' to tighten ur bolts, but don't say the torque wrench is useless because it is actually very helpful and important.

Comment

A lot of bolts just need to be tight, some like your head bolts, and wheel lugs need to be torqued in a certain order to specific amouts to avoid warping things. Buy a universal joint, you will use it a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X