FS: 1985 325e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1985 325e

This Cosmos Blue Metallic e30 has 148k on the working ODO, but doesn't run at the moment. Engine gets fuel but no spark, but its an E so why not swap? Going off to college and can't keep it anymore :/

When I picked her up I replaced the oil pan, right control arm, and threw on a new bumper to fix the damage from its condition when I got it. You'll see in the pictures that there is some scraped off paint on the fender (no rust) and the bumper trim has a trouble holding on to that side. Not currently running.

To continue with things replaced, here's a full list:
    -right control arm
    -oil pan
    -new spark plugs
    -new distributor rotor when it comes in the mail
    -new FPR
    -front bumper
    -starter (never doing that again)
    -new trunk and hood seal
    -timing belt and ac belt
    -brand new brake pads and drilled and slotted rotors all around
    -new battery (haven't been able to charge it since the car isn't running

Bought, but not yet replaced:
    -have a shifter rebuild kit, but dont have tools with enough torque to get the driveshaft off
    -window motor for the driver's side

Things that need work:
    -hood release latch broke (that 30 year old plastic can fail sometimes) but its easy to put a screwdriver into the release in the grille
    -rear drivers side pop out window latch broke, but probably an easy fix
    -door locks do not work after a failed rebuild when only one worked. However, you can still lock and unlock the doors through the trunk lock
    -power steering leak (tied up) at the same time when the bolt holding the power steering belt was discovered to be rounded out, so no belt there. Another easy fix for that bolt.
    -ac is tricky and havent tried the heat but I believe it doesnt work
    -seats move forward and back, but not up and down

Neutral things:
    -have one bbs gold wheel sitting on the passenger rear side. I have 5 bottle caps, one bent to hell, 2 with good tread one bad, and one I was doing a resto on. Finding a good 4th one will set you back only $30 or so, but I'd definitely get new tires all around.
    -straight piped exhaust with around a 3" tip on the end so she's roaring loud
    -have a couple respect your elders stickers to throw on
    -also have a set of Miata BBS that you can bore out the center a tad with a dremel. Not the best condition but I'll throw them in.
    -half complete trunk tool kit but they're rusty. Still cool novelty.
    -Turner chip on the ECU, also have a stock ECU

P.S. the sunroof still works 100%

Pictures here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...XpWYXVsYlVhckE

$1200
Working...
X