Walbro 255HP in non 24V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walbro 255HP in non 24V

So as I was working through my project i noticed that my gas tank is dented. I am considering options to change it, but while its down if I did change I would need to switch the pump over.

Could I put the Walbro in now even though I havent switched to the S54 yet? I really wont be driving the car much at all, but I may be starting and moving until I pull the engine.

I really dont care much about the M20, but will it hurt if I switch the pump now?
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

No it should be fine the fuel pressure will still be the same because its controlled by the fpr not the fuel pump

Comment

Originally posted by PA_Welder View Post
      No it should be fine the fuel pressure will still be the same because its controlled by the fpr not the fuel pump
      Ok thanks, actually I may just use the OEM S54 Fuel Pump, I am hearing that works fine.

Comment

I replaced my failed pump with one on a mostly stock M20. Works fine.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
          I replaced my failed pump with one on a mostly stock M20. Works fine.
          Great, which part number did you use?

Comment

This is the one I got:

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
              Ok thanks!

Comment

I don't know if this is the case for all the Amazon sellers but I ordered that same pump on Amazon and when it arrived it didn't appear to be authentic. Walbro has a whole webpage dedicated to determining if what you get is legit. I ended up returning it and then ordering direct from Walbro. My return reason was "Not authentic" and the seller never argued about it....

The one I got from Walbro had a sock that wouldn't work though so I bought this one from Autozone: Delphi BFS0187
                Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
                COTM Aug 2019

Comment

The one I posted came with a sock that was a pita to get in there but I made it work.

Comment

You'll be fine with what ever fuel pump you choose, but I vote for e46 M3 fuel pump. OEM FTW!!!
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                      You'll be fine with what ever fuel pump you choose, but I vote for e46 M3 fuel pump. OEM FTW!!!
                      Still thinking about that but at $400 damn, especially with all the other damn things I am buying!!

Comment

Buy it through FCP Euro and only buy it once.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Working...
                        X