Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Progress : AC Schnitzer S3.5 Convertible (FOR SALE!! FOR SALE!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some peace and quiet last night.

Then I got to thinking, instead of tapping into the cigarette socket, should I run my own piggyback on the fuse box. One is already there, its original use no longer in existence. Three gauges and trying to charge a phone I see maybe being too much?

Bumpers from Ssskoda shipped and arrived impressively fast. New nuts, painted them all and restored the threads. Will mount the rear bumper some time soon. Front is on. I want a new valence.

Then this arrived:

ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Hows the e34. Is it everything seller said it was or another Ebay horror story?

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You are fast! Will update other thread.

Reworked the thread title after a comment it should be an S5. Well, it is not an S3 nor S5.

Idiot lights come on, fuel gauge works, no tach or speed.....

Comment

E34 has its own thread now.

E30 sat this weekend, putting my limited car time all into the Dinan.

Comment

Well, well. Quite the month for me.

It continues with the E30.

Gauges wired up. Two running, the oil temp I just need to connect the sender wire onto the BMP oil filter cap. Warm, idling is about 3 bar oil pressure tapped at the head. Water temp is good, too, but not certain given conditions last night (idling, never at speed for any duration, cold temps, lot of on and off).

Tach all of a sudden works. That is nice. But its light is inop. Still is a 5k, and the whole thing needs replaced anyhow.

No power steering of course. I rebuilt a pump but need bracketry to mount it and will need hoses rebuilt. The originals are well expired.

Now, the new problems and never an issue before:

High idle. Say 3k. With exhaust in place an O2 sensor was connected. I went ahead and disconnected. I also tightened down the VC as I didnt recall if I torqued it down or not. Upon cinching the VC and disconnecting the O2, idles about 1200. Still high but better.

Then next, it woukd do that for about a minute and steadily, quickly climb to 3k. I just would cut it off then.

Pushed on connections, etc and it stopled doing that nonsense.

Go to take another test drive, scrape a bit on my way out (exhaust) and notice the car seems locked up, like Im dragging a boat anchor.

Now the ABS is locked up!!!!! Just seems to be fronts. Pulled both relays (on module, under hood in 89 vert.. not under dash atop ABS computer). Wierd enough in reverse it really didnt seem a problem. Car off, in nuetral couldnt push it forward. Backed it into garage for night before setting it on fire and jumping off an elevated platform.

So, locked up ABS and still a high idle.

ABS: will crack bleed valve, see if that can release pressure and "reset". Front brakes are rebuilt, new soft lines, pressure bled the whole system (clutch and brakes). Tests? Recommendations? Ideas? Reading SpecE30 site for some things to try...

Idle: TPS, bad or adjustment needed.. trying to find actual testing procedure.. o2 sensor issue possible? Was also planning to make a smoke test machine and give it a whirl. I adjusted the throttle cable just at the point of too loose and fumble and too tight, adding unecessary input.

M30B35, manual trans, red label 197 DME, no engine mods, fresher rebuilt head, new gaskets at TB, intake, exhaust.

Comment

ABS reading, troubleshooting:

Rears needed it anyhow and with the current ABS issue I ordered all new reman brakes.

Just need to be home to start troubleshooting.

Comment

I feel your frustration. I am have small things to redo.
                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Still a high idle. Once the car starts, it is like someone is on the gas.

I read adjusting the cruise control (already did the new throttle cable). Ya, no go. It seemed too obvious.

I do have a good, working AFM from a fellow member. Just need to try it.

It has not left the garage for a few months to see if the seized brakes are fixed after all new calipers all around.

I want this bad boy on the road.. then start the looks stuff: refinish wheels, fix leather, respray w/ body kit.....

Comment

The Vintage is next month..... bring it man bring it
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

I wish I could. This year may not be it. I am hitting back to back Phish shows. It will make it down one year... just not ready yet! Wife did ask out of the blue though how much it would take to get it painted. We are on the same page, but know it will take a few years.

It is nice as we spoke.. we are kind of on a break from this kind of hot date, night out on the town with the top down as we raise a soccer team. The E30 is on hiatus, too, like our social life. Just a chapter of life.

Good thing is, idle is down. Feel like a dipshit as I finally was able to get the throttle cable adjusted just right. Still need a working cluster to get a good eye on the RPM.

Next up is the exhaust. Kershaw is right. I just need to run the thing for a while. Take a break from only buying parts and turning wrenches to actually enjoying the thing for a while! Work out any kinks, rekindle the project's spirit and move on.

The current exhaust is just a solid, straight through with a 18" glass pack maybe? I feel embarrased to drive it being so loud. I am on the hunt for an exhaust. The most local shop, without eyes on it, thinks around $700 all in.

I see some (not sure if ALL) of the ACS E30 exhaust kits were rebranded Sebring mufflers.

I sent their customer support a request for more info on a fitting exhaust (muffler at the least) to be true to the ACS of the era.

Lots of little things of course... exhaust.. wheel refinishing thereafter.. interior stuff (on the hunt for a good condition piece of natur leather to redo bolster)... bodywork.

Comment

7k tach cluster installed today. Now the tach works. The DME needs to settle. As I let it idle, a fuel leak developed at the rail near a rubber fitting, closest to firewall.

I addressed it but had to return back to life. Have not fired it up again, wanting the gas to evaporate.

Maybe tomorrow...

Did drive the V10 M5. That was execiting.

Comment

Any pics on up dates?

I see you have a V10 m5. I'm thinking of buying F80 m3.
                          Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                            Any pics on up dates?

I see you have a V10 m5. I'm thinking of buying F80 m3.
                            It was a fun drive and I can drive it more... but what I read about that motor seems scary even with a warranty. These newee interiors do not excite me either. Prefer the E39 or E34 for the M5s. No doubt the F60 M5 is a monster.

What I really like at the moment and would settle in to, a clown shoe... or the roadster. Neighnor got into a 98 Roadster for cheap. It is in great shape, too. A real steal.

I will grab a photo or two once I get the interior back together with ACS steering wheel, gauges mounted in cubby and cleaned up inside.

The fuel leak is a bummer.... should be real simple.. just need time to start it back up and see if it is gone.

Comment

Finally. Some peer pressure, some nudging.... and the E30 escaped the garage.

It was dropped off at the highly regarded custom exhaust shop.

Dual 2.5ish type set up. Restrained, quiet.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Shop called. Ready for pick up Monday. Specs and sound, too, will be captured and shared.

Comment

Working...
                                X