This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
    they look cool as hell, but you're spending $$$ on seats that don't look like they do much for holding you in place. (hopefully that's what you're going for)

the thigh bolsters look too small, the kidney bolsters are too shallow... etc.

but if you're just trying to be stylish, you'll succeed.
    those seats are in the E92 M3 so im sure they will keep you in pleace fairly well. On top of that its made of suede and that by nature keeps you from moving all over. So it should keep me in place fairly well.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Titan_Omega View Post
      those seats are in the E92 M3 so im sure they will keep you in pleace fairly well. On top of that its made of suede and that by nature keeps you from moving all over. So it should keep me in place fairly well.
      I'll agree to disagree. I'm not hating, but I've seen my fair share of seats. Bride, Cobra, Thrash, Sparco, Recaro, MOMO, OMP.... The ones you just posted just don't look deep enough.

Maybe head to the local BMW dealer and ask to sit in an e92M?
      My feedback:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
      @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
        I'll agree to disagree. I'm not hating, but I've seen my fair share of seats. Bride, Cobra, Thrash, Sparco, Recaro, MOMO, OMP.... The ones you just posted just don't look deep enough.

Maybe head to the local BMW dealer and ask to sit in an e92M?
        i dont think its a stock option unless you got that orange special edition one. so i dont think thats possible sadly.

sigpic

Comment

You can order those seats above from BMW direct, I believe they are about $2800/each.
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            You can order those seats above from BMW direct, I believe they are about $2800/each.
            the ones im getting wont have th BMW Performance on them so its cheaper lol

i would like that on there but not for $1200.00 ill just take them to a upulstry shop and have them put it on ther for 100 a seat lol
            Last edited by Bimmer_man; 04-13-2013, 02:59 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Another post on the recaro reps.. I have been reading a lot about replica race seats. From the usual negatives that are the general safety concern, I have only read one accident where the seat actually split in two. This, I am assuming, was a rep reclining seat.

I understand upon impact, the seatbelt is made to help you stay in place of the seat. This creates a "safe haven" and if a seat in some sort of impact ended up giving you can jeporadize falling out of this safe haven, whethor it be backwards/sideways/etc.

However, no one has reguarded the Corbeau Forza as a safety concern, its one of the top selling fixed back seats. This seat, however, isn't fia approved, and thats why they produced the Forza sport. So please enlighten me on how purchasing a corbeau (well named and stands by their products) seat without the fia approval is any better then a replica seat that seems to have the craftsmanship?

Comment

Here's my Recaro LS-B installed:

Feedback
                Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

Has anyone ever tried putting 2003-2010 dodge viper seats into an E30? Could it be done without messing up the driving position?

Comment

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
                    Here's my Recaro LS-B installed:

I want.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Thought I'd share: my seats are from "jegs" plain black faux leather... About $199 per seat. (Rails are custom made by me).
                      Attached Files

Comment

MK2 RECARO's/

Comment

Anyone have a viable solution for a tall guy? 6'6" and would like to be able to wear a helmet comfortably (and not partially out the sunroof - lol) 88 325i w/ sunroof. would like a kirk bar down the road.

Do you think sparco r100 bolted to cross bars welded to factory sliders will do the trick (i'd cut out the rear cross bar and make provisions for seatbelt/buckle elsewhere)
                          Build Threads:
                          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Genuine Kevlar Bride LowMax Stradias on Bride universal sliders to Vac motorsports floor adapters (BAD experience with VAC motorsports)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse30 View Post
                              bride brix. i modified a 240 bracket to fit my car. i look like a child driving my car so low but i love it.

bride>*
                              I'm not even gonna say anything.

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                              Anyone have a viable solution for a tall guy? 6'6" and would like to be able to wear a helmet comfortably (and not partially out the sunroof - lol) 88 325i w/ sunroof. would like a kirk bar down the road.

Do you think sparco r100 bolted to cross bars welded to factory sliders will do the trick (i'd cut out the rear cross bar and make provisions for seatbelt/buckle elsewhere)

Interested, still on this.

Comment

Any think these are worth a try for a cheap replacement?

Comment

Working...
                                X