No announcement yet.

Any of you cats do iRacing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While Agent is taking the Summer off to do some sort of a Broadeo (pft) I have kept our league going using a slightly tweaked rFactor1 Blancpain Endurance Series mod.

First race was this evening.

Comment

Nice!

I finally got around to getting everything hooked up last night. Still have plenty of work to do. Brake pedal isn't working, and I haven't been able to get my video card to display the view across all 3 monitors. It just shows the same thing on each screen.

It didn't help I'd had a few drinks and it was late. But I'll do more investigation with it this evening.
      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

All the basics are a go. Just need to tweak final monitor placement and stuff. The feedback from the Fanatec wheel is much preferred to the G27.......I've used with the same cars/tracks before.

At least during practice with basically max settings I'm getting a solid 90fps with my video card (Sapphire R9 290), 8gb of RAM and the rest of a 4 year old compy. Now I just need to get some speakers and work on getting good.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          All the basics are a go. Just need to tweak final monitor placement and stuff. The feedback from the Fanatec wheel is much preferred to the G27.......I've used with the same cars/tracks before.

At least during practice with basically max settings I'm getting a solid 90fps with my video card (Sapphire R9 290), 8gb of RAM and the rest of a 4 year old compy. Now I just need to get some speakers and work on getting good.
          Good stuff, its worth spending a bit of time getting all of you graphics settings dialed in, Iracing is actually very CPU dependent so if you struggle at all with frame rates its probably CPU related. What pedals are you running?

070 by wonderwilley, on Flickr

Comment

The entry level Fanatec pedals........I'm really happy with the quality and feedback of the Fanatec stuff over the G27. Wheel is much stronger and smoother and the pedals feel more substantial.

I actually went into the video settings and saw the default setup was to only use 512mb of the Video card, so I bumped it up to use 2Gb (the most iRacing will use right now) and at max detail it pulls 160-180fps during practice and usually stays around 110 in a race with 12 cars.

I realize at Spa and with bigger fields I may have to back off a bit to get the FPS where it needs to be.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Bump. Just started playing this game.

Still a rookie at this point but have been doing Open Practice at Summit Point in the Mazda Cup Car (Miata) - planning on doing my first couple races this weekend. Still very green to the format and the layout of iRacing but I really like the racing/driving on track so much more then what you see on other sims. I play on an entry level gaming PC with a Logitech G25 wheel/pedal set.

Just seeing if anyone on here is still active, would love to lap with some guys from here.
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I let my membership lapse, though today I got an email with a coupon code to renew at a discount. I'll probably take them up on the offer since I need to practice VIR.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I haven't in a few weeks, but I was moving...........again.

I'm going to try to get everything setup again by the end of this weekend.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    I let my membership lapse, though today I got an email with a coupon code to renew at a discount. I'll probably take them up on the offer since I need to practice VIR.
                    werd. mine lapsed ages ago. I've got an old laptop that was frustrating to play on. maybe when I get something a bit faster.

Comment

Yeah so i've been lapping in the Mazda Cup Car as i'm a rookie looking to get out of the hellhole.

I can't seem to get the thing to turn 900deg though, need to mess with the settings a bit more, but maybe that's just the way it is? It's refreshing to get back to Assetto every now and again but I love the racing on IR.

Playing sims on something slow can make me real frustrated. lol
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

mazda cup is awesome. I still go back and run races at the fun tracks. Mazda cup at limerock is just about as much fun as it gets on iracing. Don't know much about the settings issues though, sorry
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Yeahh thanks anyway. Yeah those little Mazdas are pretty fun!
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

If you have a Logitech wheel you might check to make sure the default settings are on the degrees of rotation you prefer (as opposed to a game specific setting) in the Profiler app as well as in the iRacing settings.
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Maybe we setup a hosted practice/race session in iRacing. I think the Miata is best as its just about as quick as our E30s ;-)

Thursday nights anyone?

Comment

I'm surprised every other sim racing game has been mentioned except for Live For Speed. It seems that everyone has forgotten about it, and to this date, I still think it's the best racing simulator there is. Drifting feels exactly like real life. Especially with a good setup.

Graphics are bad, and physics when it comes to collisions can sometimes be way off if someone is lagging, but in terms of "driving" experience, there isn't another game that even comes close. And yes, I've played them all on my g27.

Comment

Working...
                                X